11|abuela passed away

my dad moved out of his parents house few days ago which means i moved out too.

i was on my way to the grandparents house, i just had a feeling i need to visit them.

i had a weird feeling, not the good one, the bad one.

when i came abuela made lunch for me, her cooking is on another level.

the whole day i spent with abuela, abuelo, lionel and emiliano, emiliano is just a 4 year old boy, and he is already the sweetest.

i came home around 8pm and im having a sleepover with carlos, we are playing fifa and minecraft.

we were playing minecraft since i was 7 and he was 5, its our game.

around 2am my dad called us to come to living room. he is usually asleep at 2am so something is wrong.

"andrea, carlos"  dad spoke crying

"dad what's wrong"
"uncle what's wrong"

"your abuela passed away" were his only words

my world just fell apart.

carlos and i were just standing in silence while tears were falling of our cheeks.

i couldn't manage to say a word for a good 10 minutes.

the woman who took care of me after my mama died, the woman who loved me more than anything, the woman who was there for me always, the woman who was with me till her last day, the woman who i loved more than anything, i just can't express my feelings right now.

"does pedri know"

"no"

silence it was after dad's words.

i took my phone and called pedri, it rang 3 times maybe before he picked up.

"andrea are you okay why are you calling me at 2am"

"pedri"

"andrea speak what's wrong you're getting worried"

"abuela passed away" my voice cracked when i managed to say these words.

pedri got silent after my words.

"im coming" were his only words.

i came back downstairs only to find carlos standing in the same spot he was standing 30 minutes ago, the tears were still running down his face.

i hugged him, he hugged me back and just like that we were crying in each others arms.

dad was just sitting on the sofa and i sat beside him and hugged him tight.

he already lost his wife and now his mother, i can't imagine the pain he's going through right now.

now the 3 of us were sitting in the living room in total silence. no one spoke a single word after what dad said.

dad stayed up the whole night while i went to my room to process everything, carlos with me too.

i woke up so puffy in my face, i looked at my phone and i slept only 3 hours, it was 6am and i decided to wake up because i dreamed  abuela.

i prayed it all was a dream but i was unlucky and it wasn't a dream.

on my surprise pedri arrived 30 mins after i woke up

he hugged me and started crying hard, we both also lost our mama and now our abuela.

i saw someone standing behind him, it was pablo, probably because he couldn't do it without him