XIX

"What happened?"

"Uhm—" She stuttered, her fingers fidgeting with her lovely pearl choker "—I don't know. I thought you. Nevermind." She dismissed me, turning to look at Liv and Percy conquering the red carpet.

"Some power couple huh?"

"They are great."

"Who would have known the day Percy and I bumped into her on set that we would be here?" I looked around the red carpet, eyeing the crowd in disbelief.

"It's surreal." Hailee stepped in closer, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Sorry, the interview." We turned around, to close out the interview, before we walked to the next one. But, before we could start, Hailee asked.

"So, who is your plus one?"

I pointed to the pack of photographers surrounding Tom and my mentor, Christian Bale.

"Christian Bale. Should have guessed. That's a lovely thing to do."

"I owe it to him, plus, I wanted him to meet you."

"What?! Why?" She gasped as the interviewer started asking us questions. 

I calmly answered my questions, but Hailee seemed fidgety and in a hurry, answering her questions in a rush. 

"Thank you, guys, Best of luck with the box office!" 

"Thank you." We said in unison as we started walking to the theatre. Stopping every 5 metres to pose for a photo, sign a fan's poster or answer a question. 

"Get here." Hailee dragged me away from an interview as the photographer asked us to pose for one last photograph before we joined Tom, Christian and the rest of the cast in the theatre.

"Guys, get in close." We scooched in close, my arm around her waist and her on my chest as she looked over her shoulder at the camera. 

"Perfect!"

"Looking great!"

"Beautiful"

People screamed from all over, chanting my and Hailee's name. 

Despite the noise and commotion, my eyes were trained on Hailee's, as she looked up into mine lovingly. Her red satin gown, sat off her sexy shoulders, wrapping her waist and accentuating her hips as she looked ravishing next to me. Her flowing brown hair lay open on her shoulder blades, framing her enchanting smile, as her floral scent with peppery and honeyed notes enraptured me.

"Let's go." Hailee held my hand and pulled me away from the cameras and towards our cast. "I want to meet him. Again." She sounded unusually jolly and excited. 

"Again?"

"Hello, Hailee." Christian greeted her.

"Hello, Christian. It's been a while since we met."

"Oscars 2016? If I am not mistaken."

"Spot on. How are you?"

"Peachy. Y/N has spoken incredibly highly about you."

"He has?" She looked at me in shock. "He has given you the same treatment as well."

"I would hope so, otherwise I would have bashed his skull in." Christian giggled as he continued chatting with Hailee, while I stepped away to talk to Tom.

Tom was occupied with an interview, but our agents insisted that I jump in unannounced, so I hesitantly and quietly stepped up to the interview.

"Well, when Christian requested that I pick up a newcomer from Julliard, I was sceptical, but I trusted his opinion. Now, six months later, I am glad I chose Y/N as the lead actor. Apart from his adrenaline addiction and daredevil-esque approach to life, his skills in front of the camera are incredible. His ability to deliver lines with delicate nuance while having such an immense and diverse range of emotions is mind-blowing. Last but not least, Y/N and Hailee. Wow."