XIII

"Go on. Ask her to join us; it's only a five-day trip. We will be back before Christmas." I shoved Y/N in Hailee's direction.

"Sure, sure. But only if you and Percy are okay with her joining." 

"Dude, it was my idea to ask her to join." Percy chimed in. 

"See, I told you it was his idea. Plus, I would love some female companionship." I smiled pleasantly, assuring Y/N that Hailee's presence wouldn't hinder but enhance our much-needed vacation. 

The sound of Y/N's trepid steps on the creaky flooring of the set filled the room as he approached Hailee, backed up by Percy and me. Percy gave him an encouraging nudge with his pointed elbow, setting Y/N perfectly up in Hailee's view. "Hey, Y/N!" Her eyes scanned Y/N's anxious face with suspicion before she spotted us in the background. "Hey, guys? Is something wrong?" Her anxiety dialled up to an eleven. 

"Yes." Y/N chirped, making me whack the back of his head. "Wait, no. No." He paused to turn and look at us, who returned an encouraging nod. "You know our Christmas break is starting tomorrow, right?" Hailee nodded and returned a curious look, calming Y/N's nerves as he continued. "Well, the three of us are going to Maui for a five-day trip just before Christmas, and we were wondering whether you would want to join us." 

She smiled back before nodding. "Yes. Send me the details; I will book the plane tickets and hotel for us."

"Hailee, no need to worry about that. Percy and I already have it all booked for all four of us." I interjected, leaving Hailee and Y/N surprised.

"How did you know she was going to say yes?" 

"Yeah, how?" 

Their eyes darted between me and Percy. 

"Don't look at me. Liv was pretty sure Hailee would say yes." I glared at Percy, who smiled back guiltily. 

"Perfect, be at the airport by three-thirty tomorrow. The flight is at twenty-past five." Percy and Y/N acknowledged my order with a nod before they rushed home to pack, leaving me behind with Hailee. 

"Why'd they leave?" 

"They take time to pack. It's one of Y/N's weaknesses." Hailee smirked at my response.

"Can you help me?" She flashed me her enchanting but maleficent doe eyes. A slippery slope that Y/N had warmed about before, but I had already sprung the trap. 

"Okay." I braced myself for incoming trouble; instead, Hailee embraced me gleefully. 

"Thank you. You are coming home with me ASAP."

A short drive later, we pulled up Hailee's driveway into her stunning house. "This place is lovely, Hailee. You have great taste." 

"I'd thank my Mom. She is the real star." She hopped out of the car and rushed to the front door, beckoning me to follow her. I walked up to the front door as Hailee unlocked the door. 

"Little warning. The place is dirty and unkempt. I don't usually have guests other than family."

"Not even friends?" I stepped into her place, awestruck by the simple and elegant interior of her place. 

"No, my friends are all over the place. Plus, it's rare to make friends that you would invite  home in Hollywood." She kicked off her boots and walked into her living room. 

"Don't bother removing your shoes. I only did it to get comfortable." 

"I will just take my shoes off. My feet are aching." I untied my laces and removed my shoes before following Hailee into the house.