🏴‍☠️️[14] Syrup Village Arc ~ {6}🏴‍☠️️

🏴‍☠️️Ch.14: Rise and Shine, Luffy! Kaya's Desperate Gamble!🏴‍☠️️

All eyes are on Kuro. The air still and no one, not even his own crew, dares utter a word in fear of pissing the resigned Black Cat Pirate captain off even more than he already is.

Only soft whimpering is heard amongst the normally bloodthirsty crew, and each of them turning white as ghosts.

Kuro looks upon his ship with its figurehead ripped completely out, his crew in shambles and nowhere near up the slope, according to his plans.

Even those as steeled in their wills like Zoro is off put by the intimidating pressure the seemingly ordinary man like Kuro is exuding.

Ula is not so much threatened, having felt heavier presences and met more monsters in the skin of men and women alike, but even her bestial instincts are telling her to be on her guard

"To think that these brats have held you back." Kuro drops his duffel at his feet. "How the Black Cat Pirates have fallen."

Veins then begin to form, signaling his anger before it shows on his face.

"What have you got to say for yourself? JANGO!"

His shout carries down the slope on a level above an echo.

Jango tries to explain why things haven't progressed according to his plan.

"But...Uh...Well...I...You said..." He stumbles over his words, trying to find the best place to start in order to prolong his life-expectancy for just moments more. "Uh, sorry sir, but...you said letting the kid go wouldn't cause any problems."

He chuckles nervously, pointing to Usopp on the sidelines.

"I did say that." Kuro responds, remaining unconvinced at the reasonings for his mens' failings. "What's your point? He's an idiot. I knew no one would listen to his warnings and he would come stumbling back to take a stand against us. But the one thing I hadn't taken account for, was your inexcusable weakness!"

Jango quickly answers back. "Sir, we're not weak. It's just that–We're not dealing with amateurs here!"

At his First Mate's uncharacteristic rebuttal in the face of his anger, Kuro raises a brow. "What are you blathering on about?"

"These people are not just run of the mill thieves! Especially that woman!"

Following the direction of his finger, Kuro's gaze falls onto the half-bloodied-faced Ula.

Her blood-framed eye narrows threateningly once Kuro's stare meets her own, the latter's lingering a bit too long for her liking.

"This woman? I'll admit that she has a mouth on her, but she doesn't look threatening enough to cause such alarm."

🌀Pot, kettle. Does he forget that that comment applies to him, as well.🌀 Ahio remarks in a whisper.