Ch 3 Presents

“I win again!” This was the fifth time I won and like all the other times I fist pumped the air and did a little victory dance in my seat.

                “Ok you have to be cheating now. We’re here anyways so I don’t have to deal with a sore winner anymore.”

                “Am not your just a sore loser!” Quickly I stuck my tongue out at him before climbing over to his seat as he got out and helped me down.

Blaze’s POV

                We were headed back to the house when I noticed the only voices I hear were Kevin and Annie’s who had been flirting for the whole ride. I couldn’t hide the smile as I glanced over at a sound asleep Mia who was tightly wrapped up in a blanket. We had rode for about an hour, Mia on the back of mine and Annie on the back of Kevin’s before we stopped to pee and came back to find the girls in a full blown mud fight. They were the first girls id ever met to actually have fun doing this kind of stuff. The sound of Mia’s laugh and her gorgeous smile from tonight kept replaying in my mind as I carried her into the house.

                *Flashback*

                “Look at you two your completely covered in mud, there is no way you’re getting in my truck like that!” Mia’s sweet face turned evil as she slowly made her way towards me. “Angel, what are you doing?”

                “Oh nothing, just wanted to give you some love!” Before I could move she jumped and wrapped both her arms around me making mud go all over me.

                “Now were both muddy. You know what that means?” I could tell she was confused because as soon as I picked her up and started walking down the pier my plan dawned on her but by then it was way too late. I held her bridal style as I jumped off the pier and into the warm water washing the mud off our bodies.

                “You’re so dead Blaze!” Kevin and Annie ran hand in hand jumping off the pier and joined in on a full blown splash fight.

                *End Flashback*

                I was going to let my sleeping beauty have my bed and I’d take the couch but as soon as I set her down she pulled me back and whispered for me to stay. So here I lay with a gorgeous girl in my bed and for the first time in forever the girl wasn’t naked. A sigh slipped out her slightly parted lips as she snuggled into my chest. The only thing I could think of was that I was falling for this girl. Hard and fast.

Oh sleep. I love sleep. Isn’t it funny how when were little we hate sleeping but as we get older we can’t wait to crawl in between our sheets. Before I could even open my eyes a delicious smell met my nose making my mouth water instantly. My eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the streaming sunlight coming in through the window. At the exact time my feet hit the floor was when my mind realized I wasn’t in my own bedroom. Making my way out the door and down the stairs I followed the smell to the kitchen where Blaze’s sweet laughter filled my ears.

                “Oh Mia did we wake you? I was trying to be as quiet as possible. This is Maria technically we pay her but she’s pretty much raised me.” The sweet plump woman came rushing over before engulfing me in a hug.

                “I used to be his nanny but he doesn’t like to call me that anymore, he thinks he’s too old or something.” She had a thick Italian accent which fit perfectly with her dark hair and tan skin tone.

                “Plus you were more like a mom than a nanny. You started here when I was what, a month old?”

                “Yes your poor mother was better at shopping than raising a baby. Plus I changed your dirty dippers so I’m not afraid to still whoop you if you need it mister.” She swatted Blaze’s arm before going back to fixing breakfast.

                “You two chat while I run to the other room really fast.”

                “Oh bene quel ragazzo. So Mia darling, you and Blaze are courting, yes?” In that moment I swear the water that was in my mouth almost came flying out.

                “No no no… I mean don’t get me wrong he’s a great guy you raised him right. It’s just, we just met and I don’t really know him that well or anything.”

                “Oh I see. Well you’re the first girl I’ve ever met so that must mean something right?”

                “Now Maria you better not be in here telling embarrassing stories about me, I want to impress her.” My eyes quickly turned to look at the handsome man as he made his way back into the kitchen holding a small present. “This is for you.”

                “So I shouldn’t tell her about the time you ran around the house wearing only a cape yelling, you were superman?”

                “That’s exactly the story you’re not supposed to tell her.”

                “I’ll leave you two alone. I have to run to the farmers market. Blaze, Voglio grandi neonati presto.” As soon as he set the gift in my hands I tore it open. The box held a gorgeous silver charm bracelet with a bird charm dangling from it.

                “The night we sat at your house talking for hours you mentioned that if you could be any animal you would be bird so you could fly above the city and see everything. If you don’t like it I can take it back and get something different. And here Maria and I were up early cooking breakfast for you.” He stood awkwardly holding out two plates of food.

                “Like it? I love it! Can you help me put it on?”