Love

Annie’s POV

                “Blaze will fix things.” I really wanted to run after her and comfort her, after all she is still my best friend but I knew she needed to work things out with Blaze first, plus I can’t really run when I have a balloon as a stomach.

                “So do y’all know if it’s a boy or girl?” Mia’s new friend, Grace, sat across from us and looked lovely in the dress I had given her.

                “No, I really wanted to wait so Mia could be there. She’s the only family I have left. How did y’all meet?”

                “The strip club.”

                “Great, a house full of strippers.” Kevin had mumbled under his breath but all eyes turned to him as he poured yet another glass of whiskey.

                “Kevin dear, don’t you think you’ve had enough?”

                “No!” My eyes filled with water and I stood abruptly.

                “Excuse me I must use the restroom. Being pregnant sure sucks sometimes.” Forcing a giggle I walked out of the room without meeting the eyes of anyone. As soon as I got into the next room I collapsed into the couch. What was wrong with Kevin?

                Ever since I had gotten better I had noticed how much he drank. Did he not want to have the baby, or did he not want me? My hands immediately flew to the large bump that was my stomach. There was no way I was giving up this baby. It just wasn’t going to happen.

Mia’s POV

                Foot steps followed me into the clearing and automatically I knew who it was.

                “I’m sorry!” Both of our voices produced the same words and the smile formed on my lips again.

                “I know I shouldn’t have said that Mia, my house is just as much your house and I want it to be that way for ever.” Turning my arms encircled around his neck as his went around my waist.

                “No I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have flipped out, it’s just…it took me so long, so long of me hoping, wishing that she’d come back and see me, to just care about me. All my friends, all the other girls in my grade, I wanted to have a mom, to help me pick out my prom dresses, and talk about boys with. I finally got over the thought of her coming back after all that time and now she’s here.” Tears poured down my face as I just sobbed right in front of the guy I loved, and for the first time I didn’t care. I didn’t have to be someone I wasn’t with Blaze, I could just be me.

                “Mia, I know how you feel okay? But I talked to her. Do you really think I would have brought her here if she could hurt you? Why can’t you just give her a chance and listen to her?” Staring into his deep blue eyes I realized something.

                “Blaze, I don’t want anything to ever get between us. I know, sometimes, I can be hard to deal with but I just need to be reminded how much you actually care, because you’re the only person in my life that’s cared about me and I’m just giving you everything.” His lips gently covered mine and passion filled my body. I loved him so much.

Blaze’s POV

                Mia slept soundly in my arms. I wanted so much to wake her and kiss her lips, but I knew she needed the sleep and she was just so peaceful. When we had gotten back to the house Mia actually did what she said she would. Her and her mother sat in the living room for 3 hours talking. They probably would have stayed up all night but I want Mia to get some rest in, plus I needed some, with Mia gone I had spent most of my nights wide awake and the dark circles under both our eyes proved it. I never wanted to lose her again. God had given me a hard life as a child but now I see that he did it all so I would be the best man that Mia deserved. She deserved to be treated like a queen and from this moment on she would be. I don’t care if my friends say I’m whipped, because it’s true, I am. I know from this moment on I would do anything to keep that gorgeous smile on her face.