Cafeteria

Warning!!!!!!

This chapter contains content involving harassment, violence, and toxic power dynamics!!!!

It wasn't very often that Jimin found himself in the cafeteria, but today he had an Omega to take care of. Chang-Bin needed to do his training in the cafeteria for the program after their separate dance and singing class. Jimin was done with his classes so now he sat in the cafeteria, watching to make sure no one bullied or took advantage of his partner. So far, nothing had happened, so he began to relax and give Chang-Bin little waves and smiles whenever the Omega had time to look his way. It had been a while since he'd been able to relax and pay attention to someone other than himself and his mates. Honestly, it made him feel a little bad. He should be spending more time with Yeonjun. After him and Yeonjun found their mates, it feels like they hardly ever hang out just because they want to. The last time he and Yeonjun actually spent together was when Yeonjun was protecting him FROM his mates. Of course, his mate (Jimin's brother), had been there to make Jimin wanna hurl.

Jimin looked up just as Jungkook and Jin came over to him with a big plate of food and a rather large bottle of water. Jin looked disapprovingly at Jimin, who was sitting up against the wall on a table bench with his legs taking up half of said bench. He had his laptop on his lap, doing his homework. He also had a soda between his legs and gum in his mouth. "Jimin, I know you didn't eat breakfast this morning and Chang-Bin said you turned down his offer to buy you lunch. I swear, if that carbonated trash is all you've had today-" He didn't need to finish for Jimin to pick up on the threat. 

Jimin just straightened up and confidently said, "I had a pack of M&Ms and half a croissant." 

Jin did not look impressed, and he put the plate and bottle in front of him. "Eat, you goblin. Where the hell do you even get half a croissant?" 

Jimin chuckled and took a sip of the water. "Me and Chang-Bin split one. He was in a rush to get to his training. I gave him the bigger half with more cheese filling. He seemed happy." Jin couldn't hide how proud he was of his Omega.  Jimin had been calm all day and he'd taken good care of his partner. He wished he could take care of his own mate, but Jimin would smite them if any of them even held a door open for him. He had real weird views about needing to be 100% independent and self-reliant until he had his dream job, and no one could stop him. "Oh, by the way... how has it been today? I assume I don't have to find a swamp yet?"

Jungkook shook his head at his little threats. "No Minnie. No one has earned 'hide the body' priveleges yet. Though funnily enough, I think Yoongi got a beta fanboy. What was his name again.... Han I think." Jimin perked up a little. He hadn't told his mates about Chang-Bin and his mates since the Omega trusted him with the secret, though he wasn't sure why it was a secret. He smiled and continued working on his homework. 

"I think you should be nice to him. He's a nice guy. I think we'd get along." 

Jin was a little shocked by Jimin's calm and encouraging response. Was this the same Omega who had a panic attack over someone looking at his mates last week? Or was there something Jimin hadn't told them?

-----Content warning--------------------------(Not the rest of chapter)

The omega in question looked up to get another drink of water when his eyes zeroed in on something behind the Alphas. Chang-Bin had come out of the kitchen to clean tables and clear trash people left and there was an unfamiliar alpha hovering over him. He could tell Chang-Bin didn't know this Alpha and he was very uncomfortable with the man crowding him. Jimin got up and walked over to where Chang-Bin was, telling his Alphas he'd be right back. He was almost there, so now he could hear the argument passing between the Alpha and Omega.