Chapter 10

"I take it that did not go over well with Aro?" 

I laid back on the bed next to Sophia and rubbed my eyes. "No. It went how I expected it to go. Horrible." I dropped my hand from my face and opened my eyes.

She let an amused laugh slip while moving to lie on my chest and looked up at me. "Your eyes aren't as red as they once were."

I locked my eyes on her celestial blues. "Is that right?"

"Yep. They are kind of a light red mixed with some gold flakes."

"I hadn't noticed. I have not been drinking as much human blood as I normally would. I suppose that is why." I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me.

"Won't that weaken you?"

"In time it can."

"I told you that I have blood bags for you. You don't need to lose your strength. We need you." She held worry in her voice over me.

"I will fetch one later. I am okay. No need to worry love." I kissed her forehead and then her lips.

She leaned in deepening the kiss with me and moved to straddle my lap. I trailed my hands down to her hips and gently gripped them while she tangled her fingers in my hair and rested her forehead on mine. "I love you, Alec."

"I love you too," I whispered against her lips and shifted her off me onto her back, and started trailing kisses down her neck. I could feel her blood rushing and hear her heart rate increase with every touch I offered and my lips grazing her skin.

"Alec." She whispered my name and gripped my clothes. "Please."

"Please what?" I said against her neck.

"I want you." Her words were pleading.

I smirked and slowly moved one of my hands up her inner thigh. "Is that so?" I felt her squirm under my touch while she worked to unbutton my shirt with shaky hands. "Now did I say you could do that yet?"

Sophia's eyes met mine as she continued to slowly unbutton my shirt. "No, but I don't want to wait any longer." Her fingers trailed over my chest once she had finished with the buttons. "I want you. Now." Her voice was seductive as she spoke to me. "Or are you scared?"

I half laughed and moved my hand from her thigh to grip her throat. "Someone is getting mouthy all of a sudden." I squeezed her throat lightly. "I have better use for that mouth of yours."

A small gasp escaped her lip and she grabbed my wrist. She smirked and kept her eyes locked on mine. "Tighter." She ordered me. "I also have other ideas for your mouth."

"Someone is asking for it," I respond in a low voice and undid my trousers with my free hand and kept the other gripping her neck a little more tightly trying to stay aware of my unnatural strength that could harm her if I was not careful.

"Hmm, maybe I am." One of her hands trailed down and gripped at the elastic band of my pants helping me to remove them and my trousers. "You're clothes are off and here I am still dressed. Seems unfair." She gave me a small pout.

"Then should I rip yours away?"

"Please do."

I knew this could be one of the last nights with her considering what was going on. I was going to take full advantage of it. I would ensure she was safe even after killing the enemy. I knew Aro would not let the matter with her go and she was at risk of facing his wrath. He would have to go through me first and if I were to be killed by our enemy Demetri would keep her safe for me. He said as much that he would. I had a sinking feeling that I wouldn't make it out alive regardless. By enemy hands or by Aro's.