Chapter 3

While the others went up to the room I took the chance to go over to the hotel bar.

"What can I get for you?" A voice spoke to me once I took a seat at the bar. The girl looked me over like she might devour me if I let her. She had bleach blonde hair pulled up in a purposefully done messy bun that she reached up and let down letting it fall loose. "Much better. Had it up all day." She smiled at me and leaned on the bar to take my order. I could smell the tanning lotion on her from what I assumed was laying in the tanning bed to give her the tan skin she had.

"Whiskey made neat please," I replied and pulled out my phone. I read the time. It was late and Sophia would be in bed. I kept toying with the idea of calling. The feeling of worry for her did not ease up any.

"Here you are handsome. Anything else I can do for you?" She leaned on the bar and gave me a flirtatious smile. She was provocatively dressed and made sure to try and get my attention with it. I glanced her over and took a swig of the whiskey. The woman was decent but I was not one for sleeping around and my thoughts stayed on Sophia. 

"Oh, there you are sweetie. Demetri is looking for you." Renesmee's voice cut in as she came up wrapping her arms around me smiling a sweet smile. She looked back at the bartender that had a hateful look on her face after seeing Renesmee. "Why don't we take this drink up to our room?"

I looked down at the girl and realized what she was doing. She was trying to get me out of the situation with the bartender. I pulled out cash and left it on the bar and grabbed my glass. I played along with Renesmee's little game. "Sorry love. I did not mean to worry you." I placed one of my arms over her shoulder and left the bar with her. We did not let up on the ruse until we were in the lift. "Thank you, for that."

She rocked back on her heels and gave me a warm smile. "No worries. Demetri was looking for you. I told him you were down here and offered to come get you. I saw you looking at the picture on your phone. Is that your girlfriend?"

"She... was. We broke up." I replied and took a swing of the whiskey again.

"You still love her. If you didn't she would not still be the lock screen on your phone."

I gave her a sad smile and leaned back on the wall and pressed the number for our floor to let it take us up. "What about you? Anyone special?"

"Besides Jake?" Renesmee half laughed. "Kinda. This girl from school. I haven't told my parents about her yet and of course not Jake."

I raised my brows, "I see. Do you think they will not be accepting?"

"Mom? Maybe. Dad? Hell no. He is overly old fashioned and too much by tradition."

"Have you told anyone besides me?"

"Uncle Jasper and Auntie Alice know. I kinda wish they were my parents more. They are easier to talk to and are more open."

"I see..." I offered her a smile. "I should have asked if you wanted a drink while we were at the bar. My apologies. I can have something ordered and brought up for us all."

"Wait... really? You'll let me drink?" Her eyes lit up in excitement.

"Yes? You've never had alcohol?"

"You have met my family? Right?"

"Right... would Jasper object then?"

"Not if I butter him up and give him these eyes." She batted her lashes and pouted.

I laughed and shook my head. "So you play on his love for you?"

"Yes, and always tell him that he is my favorite uncle. Emmett is cool though. I just never see him and Rosalie anymore. They moved after the war... or not war? Whatever you want to call the thing with you guys."