Chapter 7

"Anita must be the one helping formulate the new variant for the vampires." Sophia broke the silence. "From what you have said about Caius and Felix, I don't for see them knowing their way around a lab."

"How is she pulling the venom from the normal vampire?" Jasper questioned. "Our skin is too tough for a normal needle."

"I don't know. She could have created one that works. It isn't a long shot." Sophia sat on the floor trying to think.

Andy tapped her foot and started walking back and forth. "Okay, say she did develop a way to pull the venom. Isn't that only in your teeth? Is it like with a snake? Or is it your blood? Where does the venom come from for turning someone?"

Demetri scratched his head. "It is like a snake bite. Kinda. What makes it different is the venom in a snake is at the back of the snake's head in the gland thing. Whatever it is called. For us, it is in our teeth." He opened his mouth and pointed to the small holes that were barely visible. "When we bite someone we trigger the venom that is held in our gums. It helps squeeze the venom gland we have." 

Sophia pressed her lips together in thought. "Isn't the rest of your body meant to also have that venom in it?"

Demetri shakes his head. "If that was the case Alec would never kiss you or have sex with you." 

"Uh..." Her face blushed.

"Demetri." I scold.

"Ah. He does speak." Demetri gave me a cheeky grin.

"You are impossible." I shake my head and sigh. "He is right though. I would have never taken the risk of being with you if everything in me was venomous."

"Right... are you okay?" She asked me.

"I will be," I replied. That was a lie. I wasn't going to be okay knowing that Anita was still alive and mixed up in what was going on.

"Okay, so how are they getting the venom out of a vampire like one of you?" Andy questioned.

Jasper rubbed his temples. "Could it be possible they are pulling venom from the fangs like vets do with snakes?"

"It's possible. Either way, Anita has figured out how to do what she is doing and it's making a mess of things. She is making creatures of nightmares. It's like she is Frankenstein." I grimace at the thought of what else she has created. I dreaded going against them.

"What is Aro's estimated arrival time?" Demetri asked Jane.

Jane was still slightly clinging to me after all that I had said. "14 hours at this point." I could tell she was working to regain her cold composure that had shattered.

"Aro is going to expect a plan when he arrives. We have 14 hours to think of something. Anything. All we have at this point is who is behind this, but we don't know the truth why or how they are doing it, or where they have been hiding out." Demetri looked at me. "What is the plan?"

I pierced my lips together. Their eyes were focused on me waiting for me to give them an answer. I didn't have a plan. I was just as stuck as they were. We didn't have enough clues to match the answer to who was behind it. "I don't know yet. I will talk with Aro when he arrives. He already plans on having a word with me so I might as well add to that list with this."

"We're in trouble when you don't even have a plan," Demetri remarked.

I shrugged.

"Remember, we have 14 hours to come up with something. Given what we have learned I think he should be happy to know this much." Renesmee commented. 

"Were you able to reach Jake?" I asked. "I almost forgot to ask. Aro won't be thrilled about the wolves being involved, but it looks like we need them."