Chapter Ten

Everyone at school was trying to get me to spill about what happened in the restroom. I didn't feel like telling anyone; I felt that by telling people, I was betraying Tristan. Tristan had left for the day, as with Oliver, Lawson, and Wiley. 

Lawson. 

My heart hurt just by thinking his name. I suppose my hurt was apparent in my face, for Adeline, who for some reason asked me to walk with her to ice-skating, asked, "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing," I muttered. No way, even if the world depended on it, was I about to confine with Adeline about my feelings for Lawson. She would open her big mouth to Oliver immediately. "Stomach aches." 

Adeline gave me a sympathetic glance. "Time of the month?" 

"Nah.. It just hurts." 

We proceeded onwards to the ice-rink. Excitement rushed through my body. Ice-skating will help take Lawson and Oliver out of my mind. I wanted to cold rink to freeze any thoughts of today. Thinking about the whole incident made me laugh, though. Was Tristan really masturbating? Or were the guys just saying that?  

"What's so funny?" asked Adeline.  

I shook my head. "Nothing." I couldn't shake of the grin from my face. 

Adeline didn't seem it was funny. "You've been acting really sketchy these past few weeks. What's up?" 

"Nothing." God! I felt like a robot! 

"Nothing can just make you laugh and ignore everyone." 

I stopped walking. "I haven't ignored anyone!" 

"Oh yes you have." Adeline crossed her arms, ready for battle. "You didn't even go to Mandy's party with Oliver." 

Shit! I forgot about her party! "So? You know I don't really like parties." 

"But wouldn't you go just so you can keep an eye on Oliver?" 

"What do you mean?" 

She rolled her eyes dramatically. "You know what I mean. In case he decides to have a little fun with someone." 

I shrugged my shoulders. "If he wants to have fun, he can have fun. I don't need to be trailing after him all the time." I knew what she meant about fun, but I couldn't care less about it. 

I watched with humor as Adeline's jaw dropped. "You're so crazy! What the hell is wrong with you? Do you even care about Oliver? Or do you still love Lawson? 

I kept my face content. "I think that's none of your business. Now can we get on to the ice-rink? I don't want Coach to eat my face off." I began to walk. "Coming?" 

Adeline sighed. "Yes, mother." 

We walked the rest of the way in silence, not even speaking when we arrived at the ice-rink. Once there, we parted out separate ways to change. Stumbling a little on the ice when I was dressed, I began skating in small circles, watching my feet as I made little marks on the ice. Skating didn't take my mind of Lawson and Oliver like I wanted it to. I still thought of them.  

I really want to break up with Oliver, but I wasn't sure how to. Should I send him a text? Or should I say it to him, face to face? 

And was Lawson really telling the truth, or making this a joke? It would be so typical of him. Imagine his face when I fall for his trap. 

Coach skated up to me and interrupted my thoughts. "Ambrosia, are you okay?" she said roughly. 

"Peachy," I replied sarcastically. Coach detected it.