Chapter Six

School went by like I wasn't really there. Everyone kept ignoring me (besides Addy and Nicole and Oliver). Oliver still had detention, and we had a thirty minute pop quiz in Chinese because we were acting up for the beginning of the period. I rarely had a chance to talk to Oliver, besides to let him know that I still was babysitting the Cole's, his next door neighbors, tonight. Oliver said he'll come over, and Mrs. Cole said it's okay, as long as her three boys got to sleep by eight o'clock.

Five o'clock rolled by. My mom dropped me off at the Coles. When I entered the house, Mr and Mrs. Cole gave me the usual instructions. Don't let Brock eat too much candy, when Jason and Levi start fighting, just threaten that you'll throw away their Pokemon cards, and that it's okay or Levi to play basketball at night.

"Oh!" Mrs. Cole added as she walked out of the door. "Don't forget to lock up Shilo!" Shilo was their semi-new puppy. I wasn't really fond of Shilo since he was always so happy and humping my leg, while their older dog, Benjery, was quiet, reserved. It was much easier dealing with Benjery, since I wasn't a dog person. 

I nodded, sitting on the couch, and said goodbye to the Cole's. Once the parents left, Brock jumped up on my lap and asked, "Can we watch TV?"

"Yeah sure," I smiled, brushing back his wild brown hair. "But what's really on at five?"

"They're doing a marathon of Adventure Time," Jason explained from the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of milk. He came to the couch with Levi and sat on the far end.

We watched Adventure Time for two episodes. Then Levi asked, "Can we play basketball?"

"No," said Jason. "You just had a basketball game after school. Besides, we're tired. Let's just play Pokemon."

Levi got up and faced his brother, his fists clenched by his side. I sighed nervously; Levi has been acting weird. If there's something small that he doesn't like, he immediately starts throwing punches, or throwing a fit. 

"I want to play basketball!" Levi demanded. He raised his fist at Jason. Before his fist could make contact, I grabbed it. Levi struggled to let go of me, but I held on time.

"Levi," I started wit forced calamity. "You don't need to use fists." I tried to pull Levi near me, but he was a strong little fella. He tugged his arm free of my grip and began punching his brother. I tried to get them off each other without hurting them. But the brothers kept on throwing punches. Then Brock joined in. Brock was easier to pry off.

"Sorry, Airlia." He grinned. "I felt left out." Brock giggled at his stupidity. I laughed as I pried Levi off of Jacob. This time, I got him. Levi wiped angry tears away from his eyes.

"I'm going to play basketball by myself then!" With that, he stormed out of the house. I waited a few minutes before I put on my shoes and jacket and followed him. I went out the house and into the cold October air. Shivering, I walked to behind the house, where Levi was shooting hoops.

Tentatively, I said, "Hey, Levi." Levi mumbled hey to me as he raced to rebound the ball. He got the ball and shot it again. The ball bounced off the rim and over to me. I grabbed the ball, dribbled a few times, then shot it from where I was. The ball swished through the hoop. Levi regained the ball and dribbled around the place. When he found a spot he liked, he shot. It went on like for about fifteen minutes when I heard Lawson's voice.

"Are you sure she wouldn't mind me coming?" I overheard him say from somewhere.  "I wouldn't want to ruin your romantic evening." 

Oliver's unmistakable laugh sounded. "It's not romantic, idiot. We're in a house hold full of elementary kids. I just came over so I can spend some time with her. We've barely been hanging out."