Chapter Nine

If you don't like profanity and sexual references, then skip over this chapter. But this is a really funny chapter, so it's your choice(:

------------------------

To my annoyance, Oliver did not show up at school early like he said he would. I waited by my locker when I first got to school, waiting for him to escort me to class, but he failed to come. Addy waited by locker with me.

"Why won't he come?" I sighed in frustration. After my incident with Lawson, everything has been pissing me off easily.

Addy giggled. "Hehe. Come."

"Shut it." I wasn't in the mood to joke around.

"Honey," Addy went on. "The reason for that may be that you don't excite him."

I sighed, slammed my locker shut, and turned on my heel, away from Addy. He followed behind me, a grin plastered on his face.

"Hey, I was just joking." When he saw that my hard expression didn't change, he asked, "What's wrong?"

I muttered nothing, and made an excuse that I needed to go to the library. Addy, taking my hint, nodded and said he needed to go talk to Mr. Wood. I said goodbye, and made my way across campus to our school library.

The library was empty; the librarian, Kasey, was probably in the back room. I sat at the middle of the library, resting my head on the cold blue desk. I closed my eyes, trying to hold back my tears. Ever since Saturday, I've been crying. Why won't Lawson just say why he loves me? Or is he joking around?

But Addy was right. Being with Oliver made jealously grow in him. Yet Lawson earns a point for pointing out that I was just leading Oliver on. Seriously, I was contemplating about breaking up with Oliver. I didn't want to hurt Oliver! I don't want to be one of those girls that go out with guys in order to make other guys jealous.

The door opened, and I turned around to see who disrupted my train of thought. It was Keira. I stiffened up and laid my head back onto the table. I hoped she got the hint that I did not want to talk to her, but she didn't get it. She sat across from me and smiled. I didn't return the smile. Instead, I studied a piece of cracker crumb that was leftover from yesterday.

"Hey," she said tentatively, with a small wave. I mumbled a 'hey' back. An uncomfortable silence fell between us. "So," she ventured on. "How was your weekend?"

I shrugged. "Pretty good. What about you?" I honestly didn't care; I just wanted to be polite.

"It was okay, I just did homework, really."

Wow, Keira doing homework? She must have been super bored.

I stood up from the table. "Umm, I need to go find Addy, so I'll talk to you later." As I was about to leave, Keira clutched my arm. I turned around, a annoyed expression forming on my face, to see why she wanted my attention. Her blue eyes peered through mine. I must have imagined it, but there seemed to be unshed tears floating around in her eyes.

"I'm very sorry about what I did with Lawson," she said earnestly. I just nodded, not really caring anymore about gay Lawson. But Keira went on. "It was totally bitchy of me, to fool around with him when it was so obvious that you're in love with him. But please understand this, you're like my best friend ever, and I don't want to lose our friendship."

She sounded so sincere, that I had no choice but to believe her. Besides, I was done with avoiding people. It's honestly tiring to be constantly fuming angry radiation. It wouldn't do any good to be angry, especially when I'm already stressed as hell. The nuclear power plant needs to shut down soon, before the earthquake comes.