Chapter Four

As I walked towards the locker rooms, people were whispering. It was really bothering, even though I knew I should have ignored it. But it still got to me. I wanted to know what they were saying about me; if they're talking about me, I have the right to know.

I was close to the locker room when I saw Leslie Haynes, a girl in my Theory of Knowledge class, talking to Lawson. I got closer, partly to enter the locker room, and partly to hear what was being said.

"Umm..." Leslie nervously started. "I was wondering if.... If...."

Lawson stood, smirking at her. "If?"

"If," Leslie gulped. "If you... Want to go over some of the Second Amendment notes?"

"Leslie," he bgan slowly. He walked up closer to her, now only a few centimeters away from her face. "Do you like me?"

Poor Leslie. "Um... As a friend, I guess."

"You guess?" He laughed. "I'm sorry, but I'm gay. Maybe if you get a sex change we can be together." He then lightly pinched her cheek. Leslie looked mortified, and walked away from him. Lawson turned his attention to me and winked. Then he walked the opposite way and opened the door to the gym.

When I got into the locker room, I heard the hushed whispers of Mandy and Kelsey. I quietly exited the room, not wanting them to hear me.

"Did you see them at the game?" Mandy gossiped shamelessly. "They were, like, ALL over each other!"

What! No we weren't!

"And did you see Lawson?" Kelsey gushed. "Him and Kira were practically doing it!"

That was news to me. I haven't thought of Kira-and-Lawson ever since Friday!

"I know!" Mandy replied. "And that's really bitchy of her. Airlia has been in love with Lawson since, like, pre-K!"

"But doesn't she have Oliver now?" Kelsey reasoned. "She seems really happy with him."

"Honey, Oliver is just a distraction for her. She's probably using him to get closer to Lawson. The fucking bitch. Some of us would actually be Oliver's girlfriend."

"Yeah like Adeline!"

"...Yeah... Her..."

I nearly started laughing. It was so obvious that Mandy fancied Oliver.

"Anyway," Mandy added. "We need to get to P.E. Austins would be pissed if we're late again."

I took this as my cue to leave. But I realized that I haven't changed into my PE clothes. Oh well, I thought. I'll just get a warning.

We were still doing the volleyball unit. I went to court one, where my team was already waiting for me. My team consisted of Alex, Nicole's boyfriend, Wiley, and to my annoyance, Lawson and Kira. 

"All right team!" Kira singsong in a sarcastic voice. "Let's win! We're currently undefeated, and I would love to keep it that way."

"It's just PE volleyball," Alex said calmly. This is why I loved Alex. He was from London, and I suppose Londoners are very calm and collected, for he rarely gets mad and can always help you out of a problem. I wish Alex was an American, so he can run for President of the United States.

"It's still a game, therefore you HAVE to win. If you're me, of course." She flipped her hair back and lifted up her nose.

 I rolled my eyes, used to her attitude. But what happened next surprised me.

"Shut the fuck up," said Lawson, harshly. Kira turned and sneered at him.

"You're just mad you have a small dick."