Chapter Two

Thanks everyone for the vomments! It really means a lot. I'm glad people are enjoying this story(: And I apologize ahead of time if this chapter seems rushed haha.

----------------------------------------

I woke up, made a quick breakfast, and left the house. I was walking to the bus stop when Adeline walked up to me, her headphones blaring out a tune I could vaguely remember. We didn’t say anything to each other for a moment. Then Adeline said, “So… I heard Oliver drove you to ice-skating.”

She said it with such calm that I was surprised for a moment. I replied, “How do you know?”

“Mandy said she saw his car parked by the sidewalk and you got out of it.”

The tone in Adeline’s voice suggested she wasn’t happy with something. Gathering up courage, I asked hesitantly, “Uh, do you like him?”

Adeline turned her dark blue eyes to me. “Why do you care?”

“Because we’re friends,” I said. Well, I added in my head, we’re kind of friends.

Adeline laughed. Haha I know. I’m just screwing with you.” She turned her gaze back to he iPhone. 

        Adeline seemed fine, but that's all part of her act. Believe me, I know. When something is bothering her, she hides it.

Adeline and I have been neighbors since we were born. We took our first walks, said our first words, and took our first dance classes together. But when it came apparent that I had a naturally gift for ice-skating, she started being really bitchy to me. I was the only one better than her in our group and she knew that. I didn’t get why she got so caught up in ice-skating. Sure, it’s fun, but I try not to make it my life. 

Adeline is the real, stereotypical mean girl. Last year, she made fun of this girl name Anna constantly that Anna had to transfer to a different school. Adeline seems to persuade other people to act like her. It's like she's her own riot; spreading the bitchy emotion to anyone around the area. Anytime when Adeline announces her prey, she would get a bunch of followers for the hunt. Don't ask me how she does it; she just does.

Or perhaps the way she's so persuasive is because she's so pretty. Guys always fall heads over heels for her. I seriously don't understand why Oliver doesn't give her the time of day that often.

**********

We were in the computer lab again for third period, researching on our evolving animal. I was filling up Kira about what happened by the bus station when Lawson butted in.

“Is this drama I hear?” He said in his gay voice. He leaned closer to me. “Spill.”

“We’ll spill when you admit your gay,” Kira said, smirking.

“Darling, I already admitted yesterday. Now it’s your turn to uncover up what you’re hiding.” He then went up to Kira and slapped her cheeks softly. Lawson pursed his lips. “Hmmm… Girls, you need to get me some Hemp. I mean it!”

Kira rolled her eyes. “You are so gay. I don’t get why Airlia can’t see it.”

Of course she would call me out. I shot her an “Don’t do this to me” glance, but she ignored it. Lawson then locked his hazel eyes on me.

“Baby, it’s fact. I’m gay.” He said it in an apologetic voice. I rolled my eyes, then turned back to my computer. Lawson sat down on the computer by me. I ignored him, annoyed that he was still playing his game. He must have sensed my annoyance, for he asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I mumbled. I saw him lower his eyes a little, but I didn’t mind.

Why did he kept on acting like he was gay? Why can’t he just tell everyone he isn’t? I’m beginning to think that he is. No one can act that gay all the time. It’s bound to tire even an all-star actor.