8) Christmas feast

It's Christmas.

Time passes by quickly for Hermione at Hogwarts. She's very excited as she's given her name to sing Christmas Carols in front of the students in the Great Hall.

Earlier, few months ago, Hermione was devastated when Draco Malfoy ignored her once when she was taking a trip to Mcgonagall's office. The way he didn't even look at her, and was smiling at a really cute girl, who she later found out was Slytherin's Pansy Parkinson. It made her feel something inside of her, but she didn't know what it was at the time.

Jealousy, perhaps?

Hermione had pondered for quite some time what she had done to Draco that he ignored her like this. But she couldn't find a reason, as she couldn't have done anything to upset him.

Atleast, that's what she thought.

She didn't talk to him after that. Whenever they had classes together, Hermione sat with Harry and Ron, or Parvati, who had become her close friend after that incident in the common room together. Slowly, her mind healed. She could go to Quidditch practices and learn the rules of the game, without having a voice inside her head, calling her a mudblood.

It's Christmas now.

"The world of Hogwarts looks bright and sparkly, something just out of a fairytale when it's Christmas. People are spreading good cheer all around, and sweet silver bells are playing melodious tunes. There is a joyful ring filling the air, and the great hall is lit up with luminous scented candles, the fragrance wafting through the room. Once again, it's Christmas.."

"Not like that! You're singing it wrong!! It musn't be like this!" Angelina says to Parvati, who's in charge of the choir for Gryffindor. She demonstrates to Parvati, humming at the right time, while the rest of the choir sings jolly tunes.

"Okay, I get it now," Parvati says. She hums again, this time getting it right.

"Better! But your voice should be more clear, seeing as you're the lead vocalist," Angelina says, rubbing her chin.

She then looks at Hermione, who's reading the lyrics of the song.

"Hermione!" Angelina suddenly calls out.

Hermione jumps at once, closing her book of lyrics.

"Sing the whole verse for me," Angelina commands.

"You're sure? I mean, my voice isn't THAT great," Hermione says sheepishly.

"Go ahead," Angelina continues.

"Okay, ahem," Hermione clears her voice.

"Hark how the bells
Sweet silver bells
All seem to say
Throw cares away
Christmas is here
Bringing good cheer
To young and old
Meek and the bold

Ding dong ding dong
That Is their song
With joyful ring
All caroling
One seems to hear
Word of good cheer
From everywhere
Filling the air

Oh! How they pound raising their sound
O'er hill and gale telling their tale
Gaily they ring
While people sing
Songs of good cheer
Christmas is here

Merry merry merry Christmas
Merry merry merry Christmas "

Hermione stops, and waits with baited breath. Everyone in the room is silent.

Then suddenly Neville whispers,
"Bloody brilliant," and a burst of applause deafens the Gryffindor common room.

Hermione flushes a deep shade of Scarlet.

"Do you really think it was that good?" She asks, getting flustered.

"Not good? Brilliant!" Ron says, thumping her in the back. "Bravo Hermione!" He tells her.

"Yeah, way to go," Padma, Parvati's sister tells her, smiling.

"Okay, now that we're all ready, change into your Christmas costumes, and let's make this the best Christmas Hogwarts has ever seen," Angelina says.

"Let's do this!!" Hermione says.

At the grand Christmas feast, The Hogwarts choir takes their position onto the big stage and starts performing. Hermione sings melodiously, and the whole room is filled with joyous carols and melodious tunes. Soon, even the professors start to have a jolly good time, and all the students join along to sing.

When the choir is done singing, everyone busrts into claps.

Fred and George Weasley, Ron's brothers, and fine twins, rush towards the choir and pick up Hermione and carry her around.

"Way to go Hermione!" Fred yells.
"Sung beautifully!" George says.

Hermione giggles at them, and then looks at the cheering crowd. Then, she spots the Slytherin table, and finds Draco Malfoy, for the first time in months, staring at her. He's smiling.

SMILING??