4) Befriending them

Hermione gets into trouble real fast, and it's just her first day at Hogwarts.

She gets sent to professor Mcgonagall, the head teacher of the Gryffindor team, a really strict and a no - nonsense kind of teacher, but very fair and sensible.

"Miss Hermione Granger?" Mcgonagall asks, as she looks up from her reading desk

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Miss Hermione Granger?"
Mcgonagall asks, as she looks up from her reading desk.

"Yes, Professor," Hermione says, looking nervous. A trip to Mcgonagall's office was never good, or so she heard from the third years before. Hermione stands nervously, shifting from one foot to another.

Mcgonagall sighs.

"I heard what happened in your flying lesson today. Well?"

Hermione hangs her head.

Professor Mcgonagall rubs her forehead and continues, "You began taking off on your broom, even before you were given clear instructions. Is that correct?"

"Yes, professor." Hermione says, feeling shaky.

"I also heard, from Madam Hooch and a couple of students, that -"

"Oh please professor! I beg of you! Don't get me expelled, I promise you I won't do anything like this ever again! I don't know what came over me-" Hermione stops mid-sentence, as she sees professor Mcgonagall, smiling. SMILING?

"Dear, slow down. All those students, and ofcourse, Madam Hooch told me that you were flying on the broom effortlessly, even though it was your first ever flying lesson? How did you manage to fly so easily, when it's very difficult for first years to get a hang of it. Did you get yourself trained before coming to Hogwarts?" Mcgonagall asks her.

Hermione is too stunned to speak. Coming back in the moment, she says,

"No, I hadn't trained myself, professor. This was the first time ever I even held a magical broom in my hands. I was born in the muggle world, remember?" Hermione says, looking dazed.

"Well then, you've certainly got potential to be a wonderful Quidditch player. Tell you what, I might've just found Gryffindor a new chaser..." Mcgonagall says, beaming at Hermione.

"A-a chaser?" Hermione asks, confused.
"But professor, I haven't really played quidditch before! I don't know the first thing about the game! Why would you make me a chaser?"

"Because you were flying at such speed, you could overtake anyone in a quidditch game. That's settled then, you're the new chaser for Gryffindor. I'll let you in on a secret. Harry Potter is the new seeker for quidditch. Madam Hooch saw true potential in Mr. Potter's flying, so he might do a wonderful job out of being a seeker." Mcgonagall says.

Harry Potter as well?

What's gotten into these professors at Hogwarts?

Why choose first year students to play such an important game?

And WHY choose Hermione to be a new chaser, when even she knows she absolutely HATES sports.

Hermione leaves the office looking dazed, when she's greeted by Ron and Harry.

"Why were you sent to Mcgonagall's office Hermione?" Harry asks curiously.

"What's it to you?" Hermione asks, looking guarded.

"He's just being boastful as he got selected for being the seeker in the Gryffindor team. And also, Bravo! How did you manage to fly that high?! Harry was shocked and I was nearly knocked dead. Hey! Isn't that why you were sent to Mcgonagall's office?"

"Well spotted," Hermione says, looking tired.

"Well, congratulations Harry Potter, for being chosen the seeker, I think we're going to be great friends." Hermione says, looking at Harry.

"Why so?" Ron asks.

"It just so happens, that even I got chosen for the chaser's position in the Gryffindor team." Hermione says.

The boys' jaws drop.

"What-what did you just say?" Ron asks, looking puzzled.

"That's brilliant! Really? You're going to be a chaser? Wow, then we both get to practice with Oliver Wood and the others. In fact, he was just showing me the equipment used in Quidditch. I'll tell you too!" Harry says to her, looking pleased to find out that a first year student would accompany him in quidditch practices and matches from now on.

"I'd like that," Hermione says, smiling at Harry and Ron.
They smile back at her, as if the three of them have known each other their entire life.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
A Distant Fantasy Of Hisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें