1) THE BEGINNING

On the grounds of Hogwarts, just before the quidditch field, are a bunch of first years, gathered to attend their first ever flying lesson on their brooms.

Madame Hooch, the Hogwarts flying instructor and also the quidditch referee, walks briskly as the students shiver.

She looks at the two lines of children that are gathered, 14 of Slytherin first years to her left, and 13 of the Gryffindor first years to her right.

On the extreme end of the Gryffindor team, stands a lonely girl with wild and untamed curly hair. You guys know who she is ofcourse. Starts with an H? Ring a bell? Obviously.

Hermione Granger. Looking lonelier than ever. She fidgets as she looks at the other confident first years, giggling and holding their brooms the right way, showing off their skills and talking about the quidditch matches.

If this had been any other lesson that would've involved potions or naming any spells, her hand would've shot up FIRST.

This is stupid, she thinks. "Why do we waste our time learning stupid sports while we can learn to defend ourselves when we're at war against the dark side?"

"Hermione Granger, isn't it?" A voice is heard behind her. As she turns to look at the person, she finds a ginger haired boy.

"OH! You're the boy from the train! You and Harry Potter, the boy who lived

"OH! You're the boy from the train! You and Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Holy cricket, he's the talk of the school. Every where I go, it's Harry this and Harry that! Who knew we'd have such a famous wizard such as Harry Potter himself among us. I've read all about him too! He's got that scar on his forehead, sort of like a lighting bolt isn't it?"

"Yes, I was shocked too when I first saw the scar, it honestly kind of freaked me out, I thought he'd be a bully cause' he stood out so much because of that scar and just the fact that he's Harry Potter! I thought he'd be intimidating, but he's really quite the opposite. Got a heart of gold, that boy!" Ron exclaims, scratching his head.
"Where even is he? I didn't see him after the sorting ceremony. He did not think just because he's HARRY POTTER, he'd get away without attending flying lessons, did he?" Hermione says, exasperated. She'd go wandering about the castle too if it meant having to miss tedious quidditch practice. She sighs and holds the broom half heartedly as she takes a closer look at each and every student, her eyes scanning them up and down. Just then, Harry Potter rushes towards the field, looking tired than ever, gasping for breath.
"Sorry- sorry I'm late, I got lost- it's just, the grounds are really big!" He pants.

"Mr.Potter, just in time. We were just about to begin holding the broom, so why don't you grab yours and we'll make you fly eh?" Madam Hooch says, looking at Potter admiringly.

 We were just about to begin holding the broom, so why don't you grab yours and we'll make you fly eh?" Madam Hooch says, looking at Potter admiringly