Chapter 45

Alyona slowly woke from the darkness to fingers running through her hair. She sat up and groaned at the throbbing in her head. "Kotenok, okay?" Raven's voice was thick with worry and fear. She looked up at him and realized that she was sitting in his lap. She barely nodded before looking around the room. She caught Owen's grey eyes and gasped as she spotted Victor next to him. She screamed, leaping out of Raven's lap trying to flee the room. "Kotenok?" Raven asked in confusion as he jumped up to chase after her. "Alyona!"

"Nyet!" she screamed as she raced to the front door.

Raven quickly caught her, picking her up, making her scream in fear and shock. "Chto sluchilos', Kotenok? Pogovori so mnoy! (What's wrong, Kitten? Talk to me!)"

Her breath was rapid as her eyes flew from one spot to another so fast even Raven had trouble holding her gaze. He pinned her against the front door as his mind frantically tried to think of a way to quickly calm her down so he could find out what the hell she saw. Her eyes finally locked onto his dark ones and he had to force himself not to gasp at the pure fear screaming back at him.

"Otpusti menya! Nam pora idti, Medved'! My dolzhny vybrat'sya otsyuda! My ne v bezopasnosti! My dolzhny idti, pozhaluysta, Medved', pozhaluysta! (Let go of me! We have to go, Bear! We have to get out of here! We're not safe! We have to go, please, Bear, please!)" she begged as the tears filled her eyes. She clutched his shirt as the tears started to slip down.

"Okay, Kitten, okay," Raven nodded as he took a step back. "We'll leave now. We all go somewhere safe, I promise."

"Nyet," She shook her head, "nyet, tol'ko my, tol'ko ty I ya (No, just us, just you and me)."

He looked at her in confusion, "Why?"

"Oni okhotniki, Medved'. Ya videl eto, oni okhotniki! Oni proiskhodyat iz sem'I okhotnikov! Oni byli poslany, chtoby poluchit' menya! Ya videl eto! Yego otets potreboval, chtoby oni vzyali menya! My dolzhny ukhodit', Yevgeniy! Pozhaluysta! (They're hunters, Bear. I saw it, they are hunters! They come from a family of hunters! They were sent to get me! I saw it! His father demanded they get me! We have to leave, Yevgeny! Please!)" She begged as she reached behind her to grab the doorknob.

She began twisting it but Raven pressed his hands against the door keeping it shut, "Nyet, Alena, oni ne okhotniki. Obeshchayu, oni ne prichinyat tebe vreda. (No, Alyona, they aren't hunters. I promise you, they aren't going to hurt you.)"

"Ya videl eto, Medved'! Ya znayu, chto ya videl! Oni okhotniki! (I saw it, Bear! I know what I saw! They are hunters!)" She yelled then gasped as something dawned on her. A tear dripped off her cheek onto his arm, "Vy mne ne verite (You don't believe me)."

He gasped and took a step back in shock, "Kotenok."

She turned the knob and whimpered, "Nyet, ty mne bol'she ne verish' (No, you don't believe me anymore)." She watched as Raven took a step towards her, but she pushed her hand out, shooting a wave of air, knocking him on his ass. She yanked the door open and rushed outside.

"What the hell is going on?" Gabe asked, confused by the whole thing.

Raven sighed as he turned to face the group of men, running his hand down his face as he tried to regain control of his emotions. He looked at Owen and Victor, "She saw one your father order you get Alyona. She know your family of hunters. She think you try get her. She want me her leave. I tell her you nyet hunter so now she think I nyet believe her."

"What?" multiple guys asked while Owen began straightening his tie while Victor muttered under his breath as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

"Just what all did she see?" Nathan asked worried.

"We need to find her and explain the truth," Axel said as he braided his hair.

"We better be careful," Brandon grunted, "if she can knock Raven down with her burst of air, there's no telling what she will do to us."

"She nyet hurt us," Raven glared at him.

"I know she won't," Brandon rolled his eyes, "I'm just saying we better keep an eye out. She will probably use magic to keep us away from her."

"Let's just hope she will let us explain," Corey sighed, "if she won't listen then..." he trailed off.

"She our beloved," Raven growled, "she listen. I just need catch her, get her calm down. She scared."

"We'll help," Axel nodded.

"We need to explain ourselves," Owen said fixing his cufflink.

"Well, let's do some hunting," Axel smirked as he tossed his braid over his shoulder. "We got a frightened goddess to catch."