Chapter 18- New Faces.

"New month, new video ideas." Sam announced at breakfast one morning months later. It was just barely October, there was no way we'd be able to plan an entire month's worth of tours and ideas.

"What are some haunted places we haven't been to?" I asked, plating the boys' food. They found out I could cook shortly before the Conjuring house and were now hounding me every time they were hungry. Whenever Kat was over she would join in and ask me to cook for them, too.

"I'm gonna be honest, there's not many."

"Goatman's bridge." Colby blurted, turning his laptop around to face Sam.

"Absolutely not. I'm not going back there."

"Back?" I asked.

"We went once and Celina had a dream about it. Kris and Colby were gone and I was covered in blood crying. It was just all-around freaky."

"We could find a ghost town and go there. I know one."

"I like the idea of a ghost town." Colby said, returning his focus to his laptop. I grabbed their plates and set them down in front of them. The minute they saw the food, Sam and Colby moved their devices to the side and dug in. I sat next to Colby and leaned my head on his shoulder while he ate.

"Maddie, where's your plate?" Sam asked.

"I didn't make anything for myself. I'm not hungry." I replied, standing up to clean dishes. Colby caught my arm and pulled me back.

"I'm starting to get worried about you." He said as I hugged him from behind, resting my chin on his head. He leaned back into me and I could feel how tense he was.

"I just haven't had an appetite recently." I said solemnly.

"If there's anything you need to talk about, we're here." Sam added.

"I'm gonna be real with you guys, I haven't felt...right since Yorktown."

"That was five or six months ago."

"I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to worry you."

"Babe, I wish you would have said something sooner. Something may genuinely be wrong." Colby said, looking up at me.

"I know."

"Can we rule anything out?" Sam asked, sliding his plate out of the way and hopping back on his laptop.

"I'm not pregnant. I know that for sure. It can't be the flu or anything like that."

"We'll look into it, but if it gets any worse we're gonna go get you checked out, okay?"

"Sounds good. I'm gonna go look some stuff up for our next trip."

"Alright. We're in here if you need us."

"I know."

"Maddie..." Colby started. He trailed off as if he was hesitant to say anything.

"What's up?" I asked, meeting his eyes.

"You're not...starving yourself, are you? I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm concerned."

"I understand. I'm not upset, and no, I'm not starving myself. If anything, I want to eat, it's just like my appetite is gone."

"That's good." He sounded relieved. "I love you how you are, you don't have to change. You know that, right?"

"I know. I'll be okay." I gave him a gentle kiss on the top of his head before wandering up to my room and firing up my own laptop.

About two hours later, someone knocked on my door. I yelled "Come in," expecting Colby, but his blonde counterpart wandered in and stood next to me.

"Find anything?" Sam asked, scanning my laptop.

"Well, the town is open to the general public, but I can ask around and see if there's anyone willing to give us a tour around." I replied, scrolling through articles, travel blogs, you name it.

"Where are we going?"

"A little town called Bloodland, Missouri."

"That's ominous. Don't tell me much, I wanna be surprised when we get there."

"We're going?"

"Hell yeah, let's go. I even convinced two special guests to come along with us."

"Who?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

"Bitch."

"Whatever you say." Sam sighed, wandering out of my room. Asshole didn't even close the door behind him. Being alone didn't last long, another knock revealed Colby standing behind my door. He threw himself onto my bed and sighed.

"Can I go on a little rant real fast?" Colby asked quietly.

"Yeah, sure. I love drama." I replied, checking out flights.

"I don't understand why we always have to clarify the fact that you're not pregnant."

"One, I'm me. Two, you're you."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"I'm Sam's sister and he's just protective. You're Colby Brock."

"Congrats, you know my name. What does that mean?"

"You even made a video about it. You have a high..."

"High what? Sex drive?"

"Just bluntly say it for the world to hear. Yes, you have a high sex drive."

"So Sam's expecting you to be pregnant because you're dating me?"

"I don't know, that's my best guess."

"I mean, if you want to..." Colby stood up and moved behind me, tickling my sides.

"Colby stop!" I squealed, trying to escape his grasp. My hand moved over my laptop and I accidentally pressed the "purchase" button. "Colby!"

"What?" He stopped and looked up.

"I guess we're going to Bloodland next week because you just bought plane tickets."

"Is that some sort of really gorey amusement park?"

"Yes, Colby, it's a gorey amusement park."