28: Modern Cinderella

**Sara POV**

Which dress should I wear? It was a normal question that all girls have in their heads at one point or another. Should I go black or purple?

I leaned on the side of my door way thinking of an answer. While I did so my phone was buzzing off the hook. Must by Cara and Wendy asking what color I was wearing or something about shoes or makeup.

It was because of those ideas that kept me away from my phone. Truth be told I didn't want to match with them. I just wanted to pick a dress and have fun at this Gala.

I heard my phone ring again making me look behind me at my bed where my phone lay in annoyance. I sighed as it rang again and walked over to it.

15 missed messages from Wendy

10 missed messages from Cara

Yeah, no way was I reading through all of those messages. They can figure themselves out on their own. I turned back to my closet, this time with my phone still in my hand.

*Buzz* I glared down at my phone and gave a deep sigh before looking to see who it was who added another message to their ten plus message system.

1 message from unknown number

I looked at the words with a confused expression. Who was it now? I clicked on the glass, making the phone open up to the unknown message.

You going to the gala right?

I paused before replying.

Who is this?

*Buzz*

You don't remember me?

No

*Buzz*

You met me once before when you came to my sisters door.

The text made me even more confused.

Who are you?

Batman

Very funny. Really though, who are you?

Batman. Can't you read?

Yes stupid I can! Fine if you really want to be called Batman than sure. But I still don't know who you are.

I'll be the one in black.

Great. You make it so easy for me to find you in a crowd. That is, if I want to find you in the crowd.

Suit yourself ;)

I looked at my phone not sure whether or not to respond. Finally I decided to close the message box and ignore this 'Batman'. As I did so I saw the time.

6:50.

Crap. I have to be ready by 7 in order to go to the gala. I threw my phone back on my bed and turned back to the dresses looming over me.

Not thinking, I took the black dress and quickly changed. After doing do, I continued to doing my hair and makeup and than ran down stairs with no time to spare.

When I reached the kitchen, my mother and father were sitting, talking to each other with an envelope open.

"But William we would be throwing her future away if I let her take this." My mother whispered, pointing to the letter.

"But Sara wants this Tisha. Don't be that mother who forces their children to follow their old dreams. That's not right."

"What's that?" I asked, walking into the kitchen. My mother and father stood up at the exact same time.