2: Normal Day for a Dancer

*beep* beep* beep*

Crap, its morning already.

I looked at the clock to find that it read 6:15 am.

Maybe I can sleep a little longer. I thought and snuggled into my covers. But that sweet feeling of resting only lasted for another five minutes before my alarm went off again.

I hit the snooze button and slowly, but productively got out of bed. Quickly grabbing one of my old dance competition t-shirts and a pair of jeans, I walked over to the bathroom and started a shower.

15 minutes later I was down stairs eating a yogurt and fruit with my mug of coffee. Apart from my Dad, I was the only one up, which made eating at the dinner table with just my Dad, pretty awkward. But that awkward feeling left me quickly when my mind wondered toward the nutcracker character reveals later today.

I was excited. I had spent my whole summer this year and every day I could to get into the nutcracker, and be someone other than the ensemble this year. Last year, I was ensemble and I had to go through the torture of quick changes, multiple annoying costumes and the problem of getting fake snow out of my hair from the snow scene.

Trust me,

Trying to get pieces of white plastic out of your hair

Is a nightmare. (Especially if you use Treseme hair spray)

"So what are you going to be doing today? Anything interesting?" Dad asked from across the table. I quickly snapped out of day dreaming and responded.

"Actually Yes! I'm going to find out what I am going to be in the Nutcracker this year!!" I answered with a little too much enthusiasm.

"No I mean at school." Dad replied a little off, which happened to burst my bubble.

"What do you have against me and dancing Dad?" I asked quietly.

Dad was silent for a moment.

"The Dance world is harsh, and I don't think you will do well in that area." He replied with a weary smile. I wondered what gave him the nerve to smile at me after saying that.

"I'm leaving, see you later." I exclaimed as I stood up and grabbed my bag.

"Wait! Rosie it's too early for you to go to school now!" Dad stated as he watched me walk to the door.

"Who said anything about me going to school?" I replied a little too harshly as I slammed the door after me. I walked out to my old little car that used to be Aubrey's, my older sisters car, but then she moved to college and I claimed the car.

It was an old Honda accord that was sliver. I threw my bags in the back seat and sat myself into the front seat.

After some annoying traffic and multiple angry outbursts from passengers, I finally arrived at Starbucks. Yeah, call me an original white girl and all that, but I really don't care. I love Starbucks. And that is not just because it makes really good drinks but it also is right next door to my dance studio so in between classes, my friends and I would always hang around Starbucks and get huge drinks and slowly walk back to classes.

I had just gotten my drink and started driving again when my phone started buzzing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Dude I heard from Nichole yesterday night that Ms. Marina is choosing Clara to be someone from this class this year." Elle exclaimed a little loudly, making me pull my phone from my ear for a moment.

"Morning Elle." I replied with a smirk appearing on my face.

"Rosie don't you see how important this is? One of us could become Clara!" Elle replied with excitement.