0.22

"I'm not looking after your Fucking kid anymore." The older woman said, picking up her things from around her and shoving it all into her bag. "This past month all I've been is a baby sitter and I'm sick of it. I've seen him more than you have an you're his mum. Not me."

"You say this as if I don't know that, mum. I need to work. An f1 team isn't going to run itself. I might be able to miss the odd weekend once a year but I can't keep him all the time. Please. I need your help."

"Well I guess you should've thought about that before you knocked your self up five years ago. He..." she said, jabbing her finger towards Iziah who was happily plying with his cars again. "... is not my problem. Go and ask mr baby daddy. I'm sure he could look after him whilst you're working."

"What're you talking about? He's a fucking driver. Have you been drinking again?" There was a silence that followed. "You've been drinking whilst looking after your grandson!? Are you being for fucking real right now? Get the fuck out."

"Oh come on. As if you wouldn't have done the same. You keep dumping him on me as if he's my problem."

"You're his Grandma. You are- were all I had, mum. Don't go around as if I made you do it."

"Whatever. I'm going home. Don't expect to see me anytime soon."

"I'd rather die." Maddison stood up, hands shaking due to the alcohol in her system. Dani should've smelt it before. It was pursuing off of her breath in waves when she spoke. She walked out of the house without a word, leaving Dani with tears in her eyes and an ache in her gut. A warning if you wish to call it that.

___

Daniella and Iziah had just turned up at the paddock. It was a Thursday and so there weren't as many fans as there would be for the next few days. They parked the car and walked to the barriers where she scanned the both of them in. "Soooo... where to first? I heard that Lew has a present for you." His eyes lit up as he poked at his mum, his tiny hand fitting perfectly in hers as they continued walking. "Should we go see what it is?"

"Yes, yes, yes." She pulled out her phone in order to text Lewis to ask him where he is.

"To the media pen it is then." It was just after lunch and so the media pen began to empty when someone came from behind Zi and pulled him over their shoulder. "Lewis! Holy crap you scared me."

He laughed and apologised as he continued to tickle Isiah whilst he squirmed. When done, Lewis crouched down to the little ones level. "Did mummy tell you that I got you a present?"

"Yes! What is it?" He gripped onto Lewis' hand as he stood up straight.

"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

"Are you sure you've got him for half hour? I'll be as quick as I can."

"Of course, go ahead." After thanking her driver and giving Iziah a kiss goodbye, she began to head to her meeting with various team principals.

Walking through the paddock, Daniella picked up a coffee before heading into her meeting. They had various discussions of which ended on a relatively good note. No one was particularly angry, nor was there any shouting to change the fucking car.

On her way out she saw a cheerful looking Lando Norris engulfed in a conversation with his flat mate and best friend, Max Fewtrell, she stepped out of the building and down the steps whilst trying not to draw any attention to the two of them after the various rumours that had been floating around for the past few weeks. Knowing she'd see the two of them later, she waved and smiled on her way past.

After the discussion this morning, Dani felt like... well- shit. Her mothers words were echoing in her mind with every step taken. Parents watch us try and fail, laugh and cry, brave and weak yet nothing prepares you for the feeling that comes with disproval. Mum guilt is real and no matter what you do to try and give your child the best possible life, there's always something that goes wrong. Inner dialogue screams at you saying you should've done something different even though you're trying your best.

For her, it's as if everything she was telling herself became true. As if she was a horrible mum for never being there for him. Isiah knew the situation and if he was older, it would've made his heart grow fonder to know that she was trying her everything for him, but he was young. He didn't know that the days she spent away was to try and build a successful, championship winning team. He saw it as her wanting to get away from him because he was too much and that he hated her for it. That was even solidified by the fact even with her there he'd been left with one of mummy's friends. Or so that's what she told herself repeatedly.

Suddenly, she found herself going down the pit lane to check up on her team. Lost in her own bubble, she hadn't even noticed her son sat in a car whilst talking Lewis, Bono and Angela's ears off. Waving as she continued walking, she heard his laugh, knocking her out of her trance and back into reality.

Dani smiled as she walked over to the car. "Woah. I didn't even see you there because you're so small." He grinned and continued talking to Peter.

"How was he?" She asked Lewis, keeping an eye on the boy in the car.

"He was perfect."

"I'm not sure what your definition of perfect is." George joined, "I went to put him in my car and he said 'I don't want to sit in your car. Lew is my favourite.'" Dani couldn't help but laugh at him as he continued on. He then turned back to the boy who was giggling at George's rant as Lewis stood behind George and mimicked everything he was doing.

"Okay, okay. Enough of that. Should we go and get some ice cream." She wiggled her eye brows as he got up and out of the car. After thanking everyone, she began walking to her office where she had a mini fridge and freezer full with Iziahs favourite foods.

"Which one? I have got some..." she began picking up three different kinds of ice lollies to hold them out infront of her. "... rocket lollies, chocolate milk lollies anddd orange ones."

"Chocolate!" He shouted, running over take take it. "Thank you, mama."

"Your welcome baby."

He sat in her office and ate the ice lolly whilst watching 'paw patrol' on her phone. When he'd finished, they went down to the garage to get ready for practise. Iziah sat down at her table with a pair of Mercedes' headphones on. He watched the small screen infront of him as he watched the cars put in their times whilst cheering on both Lewis and Lando.

At the end of the session, Carlos Sainz was on top followed by Lando Norris and then his teammate Oscar Piastri. By the end of practise two, Lewis was on top followed incredibly closely by Lando Norris with only a 0.003 second gap. Fernando Alonso came in third.