Really? | 0.05

———
"And that will be a P1 start for Lando Norris, followed by George Russel and Lewis Hamilton in p2 and p3. On row 3 we've got the two Ferraris of Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz. Max verstappen has a grid penalty so will be starting further back than his p4 finish.

With no chance of rain tomorrow, It looks like it'll be a two stop from mediums onto hards."

———
"And it's lights out and away we go here in France. Lando Norris seems to have maintain his lead going through to turn one; will it stick? Yes it will.

AND THATS A HAAS OFF THE TRACK ON OUR FIRST TURN. Yep I'm okay. Sorry guys
Mick Schumacher is okay. Two more laps under the safety car and the race should be underway."

"Lando Norris has maintained his lead throughout this race, and with 35 laps remaining and a pit stop to take place, things could get close."

"It seems to have been an unlucky few weekends for the Mclaren team. We've got reports of brake problems for Norris. Will he have to retire during this race? Stay tuned to find out. Further back in our track...."

"And that is Norris out of this race. With only Five more laps to go, things were looking promising for the young driver but now that mean that George Russell is first followed by Max verstappen, Charles Leclerc and then his team mate Lewis Hamilton. Will George be getting his first ever formula one victory here at Paul Ricard?"

""AND GEORGE RUSSELL IS A FORMULA ONE RACE WINNER."
The team climb down from the barrier and make their way over to the podium. George jumps onto the team as they pay us head and back.

When he goes to the cool down room, he starts crying as he calls Carmen.

———

"Hey baby, how are you?"
"Good. Did you see that Uncle G won?!!"
"I did baby. I'm so proud of him. Do you want to say hi?"
"Yes yes yes." He says excitedly as she walks out of her office.
"George! Zi wants to say hi." He takes the phone and waves.
"Hey buddy."
" YOU DID IT!"
"Yeah I did it!"
"Well done George!"
"You said my name. Have you been practising?"
"Yeah. Mummy helped me."
"We'll done buddy. I've got to go now because my mum is calling me. I'll see you soon okay?"
"Okay. Bye bye." He hands the phone back over.
"Mama, when are you coming home?"
"You're going to come to Hungary with me. Nanny is going to take you tomorrow."
"Really?!"
"Yeah. Are you excited?"
"yes!!" Knock knock
"I gotta go now Zi. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."
"Bye mummy love you."
"Love you too." She hangs up the phone.

"Come in!" A woman enters the door wearing a merc uniform. "Hey Annie. Everything okay?"
"Yeah. We've got Lando Norris asking to speak with you there's no planned meeting or anything unless there's something I need to know about?"
"No there isn't. You can send him in though."
"Okay. Will do."

Five minutes later tgere is a light knock on the door and he walks in. Although the anger cleared a little, there was still some tension between the two.

"Everything okay?"
"Yeah... uhm. I've been thinking and I don't know if... if... it's a lot."
"So what are you saying?"
"I don't know if I'm ready. I- I barely know you or him and I know I'm his dad but we still don't have the sort of relationship to just jump into things."
"Do you want our completely?"
"No."
"If you do just tell me because I can make it happen."
"No Daniella. I want my whole life to do with him. I just want to take things slow. I don't want to have him dumped on me."
"He wouldn't be 'dumped' on you." The just look at each other for a moment. "You're flying with me tonight."
"What. Why?"
"Because you're going to pussy out of it. If you want your whole life to do with him you'll come."
"What time?"
"Like now."
"I'll meet you at the paddock entrance in an hour."
"Perfect."