Close call | 0.12

"You absolute dickhead. What the Hell was you thinking. You scared the life out of Iziah, for what?" I storm into his hotel room as push Landos chest as I come in. "I swear to god, Lando, if you were drunk I'm going to kill you myself."

"Ow, Daniella chill out man." He closed the door and went and sat at the table.

"'Chill out'? 'Chill. Out.'? Are you being for real? You just crashed your car into a wall going over 150 miles per hour. Good if I hurt you, maybe it'll knock some sense into you. Now, answer my question. Were you drunk?" He looked away from my and towards the bowl in the middle of the table. "Were. You. Drunk.?"

"No. I'm not that stupid. I wasnt drunk. I stopped an hour before I came to you."

"What the hell happened out there then huh?"

"I lost control. I had checo up my arse and I was up George's . There's was going to be a collision. Either way, I was out of the race."

"So what? You just crashed into the wall?"

"No Dani. No I didn't just crash into the wall." He began raising his voice as he stood up. "I'd never do that on purpose. My god, what do you think of me to even think that?"

"I think.." I took a deep breath before continuing. "... I think you need to take some time off. You're not in a good place right now Lando. You're hurting yourself more by driving and I'm not sure the team would appreciate anymore wrecked cars."

"I'm not going to take a break Dani. I've only got a few more races left. I've got a high chance of winning the championship again, I'm not ruining that." Pathetic tears fell down my face and I stood up.

"You're scaring me Lando... I need you right now, Zi needs you right now." His eyes began tearing up as he walked towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and began rubbing the back of my head. My arms wrapped around his waist as more cries left.

"I'm not going anywhere Dani. I promise you."

___

We're at Brazil. Lando won in the US and Mexico, and finished second behind Hamilton in Japan. The championship could go three ways. "You ready to go then?" I asked walking out of the bathroom.

"Nope. Just give me like five minutes."

"I swear you take longer than me to get ready."

"We'll all this beauty doesn't come from nowhere." He winked at me as he walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

"Ugh. Men."

"I can hear you yunno."

"That was the point Lando."

"Come on. Hurry your arse up I'm hungry and everyone is waiting downstairs."

"Well then you go. It'll be a bit weird is arriving at the same time anyway."

"Yep, okay. But you've got five minutes to be down there." I threatened, grabbing my keys, sunglasses, and hat.

___

"Hi Christian. How you feeling this morning? Ready to get your arse beat?" I offered him a smug smile before turning to Zak. "What about you." I grabbed myself a pastry from the middle of the table and as I went to go and speak again, there was a voice behind me.

"Oh come on, Daniella, you know I've got this championship squared away. I guess I just have to prove it today. I did get pole after all, something Lewis hasn't been doing a lot of." This time he was the one doing smiling as he continued to the spare seat on the other side of the table. "Do you guys mind if-"