Three Nights Without You

I woke up to the smell of hot pancakes, bacon and coffee being made.
Ms. Babu had me spoiled like a baby. She was the only one who knew that I was on bed rest. For the past three days she's been at my beck and call, ensuring that I have three meals a day and a snack along with dessert as a treat for being on my best behavior.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?"

"If I'm being honest, the bed was a bit cold "

"That's normal you miss him that's all"

Its been three days since Mason left to start detoxing those pills out of his system. He called the first two days, but last night he sounded in pain. He said he had cramps and night sweats with a high fever. It hurt him to even speak so I did most of the talking.

Malik's been keeping me updated and he said so far he's doing really good. He even thinks that by the end of the week, he will be okay. I just want him home with me and the baby. I have an appointment in four days, and I really wish he could be there for me but he has to get better first.

Tanya and Georgia's coming over today to help me finish plan Nyla's baby shower. We have all the games, prizes, food menu, and themed picked out. Seeing that Nyla still doesn't know what she's having, we are doing a neutral colored themed shower. Which will then turn into the gender reveal because she's going to get the results earlier that morning.

"Ms. Babu, do you think I'll be a good mom?" I asked, feeling a bit scared, holding my tummy.

"Oh my Love, yes ! I don't think so, I Know so. You were destined to be a mother"

"But.."

"No buts... I'm not hearing it and Mason would hate to know that you're doubting yourself Jessica"

"I just want the baby to be okay, but I also want to be healthy enough to carry it and not die in the process"
I admitted with a trembly voice.

"You will carry a beautiful, healthy, strong baby. You have our love and support. Whatever you need, you don't have to lift a finger. Even when the baby comes, you will have your village to back you up"

"And I thank you for being apart of that village Ms. Babu. We truly love and appreciate you" I pulled her in for an unexpected hug.

"We love you too"

She stroked my back, up and down, basking in this moment with me. Until her phone rang.

"It's my niece, she's probably calling me for money again"

She clicked the red button, hanging up on her.

"Ms. Babu" I said with my mouth open. "What if it's an emergency?"

"The only emergency her and her sister ever have are money emergencies. I always send money for them every month after my sister who's their mom died"

"Oh I didn't know, my condolences"

"Cancer sucks. She didn't last long, but Mason and the family flew out with me and stayed in India for two weeks, helping plan the funeral and making sure that I was okay. He's my family, and I love him very much, that's why it hurt me to watch him recover when you left"

"I...I didn't..."

"I know you didn't have a choice, you followed your family. But he needed you really bad. He had finally beat that stupid case and was a single dad. Then having to kill Devon took a serious toll on his mental health. I thought we were going to lose him. He never stopped looking for you. But once he found you, he did nothing. It's like he was afraid you would reject him"

She held my hand, sitting next to me on the bed.

"I would never...."

"He was so happy to know you were doing well in college, following your dreams. He didn't want to disturb your peace, so he let you be. But coming to Carolina was the best decision he could've made for us. That man loves you and this family more than he loves himself" she admitted and the tears that were fighting in the corner of my eyes were now running an endless stream down my cheeks.