Possibilities

•Allison's POV•

Liam and I have been sneaking around after school for the past few days. My dad was a bit hesitant about this whole 'book club' thing. However after nagging my mom and showing them my good grades, they agreed that I can go.

At least that's where they thought I was. Today Liam and I decided to go roller skating; but not to the one nearby school, too many people would see us.

We ditched school around 2:15pm and took the bus to Roller City Further Up North. We timed ourselves, the bus ride was 20 minutes going and 20 minutes coming back. Meaning we had an hour to play with, plus an additional 15 minute walk.

I never noticed my parents, well mainly my dad, he was always a bit mean to other people growing up. I thought he was just didn't like people, but then he would only be mean towards the workers around our home. They were Mexican and Cubans. Beautiful, lovely people who took care of the yard and cleaned our pool. Yet he never even offered them a glass of water.

I'll never forget our maid, Suzette. She cleaned our house from I was three until the age of thirteen. We had an amazing relationship. She had a son, Tyler, he was four years younger than me. When I was ten, he started coming around more. He looked mixed but I couldn't tell with what. He was so nice, we always played together growing up. That was until she became our live in maid when I turned eleven, up until My thirteenth birthday. I was gifted a tent from my uncle, Tyler and I stayed up all night putting it together.

He and I were asleep in our little tent that we made together. We fell asleep instead of going inside like we were supposed to.

But then We heard footsteps and became afraid because of how dark it was, so we ran out of the tent to go inside. But we were greeted by his mother Suzette on her knees, pleasing my father. He ran us inside, we were young and scared.

The next morning, I woke up to Suzette and Tyler gone. My mother was never fond of Suzette, she actually hated her. But the older I got, I realized Suzette was my fathers mistress and Tyler wasn't just her son, but my brother. She got pregnant with him when I was three which explained the perfect age gap between us.

Other than Suzette, my mother never showed any signs of racism or prejudice towards any other race. But my father was the worst of the worst.

During the Black Lives Matter movement, he never once allowed me to join any rallies or protests. Instead, he made me delete my social media at the time and made sure I stayed away from watching the news.

His old friend was also one of the cops who were there during the arrest of Mr. George Floyd. He wasn't the one with his knee on his neck, but he stood by and did absolutely nothing. He was as worthless as every other cop who thought shooting an innocent colored person was ok.

He watched my friends on social media, whoever I tagged in stuff, which is why I stop posting my black friends. Only my ex Stefan who's white and his friends I would post. Even to my birthday parties, my real friends are never invited, nor my neighbors if they're not white.

I hate growing up like this, with an evil father who thinks our race is superior above all.
I love Liam, he's become a best friend to me, he understands me. He adores and loves me. I want to be with him and nothing or no one is going to stop me.

"Hey, you ready?"

Liam's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. We were at the skating ring tying our shoe laces.