We skipped the birds and bees

Spokesman Danny:
"Chapel Hill High-school is now in the lead with fifty three points and James Dudley High following behind with fifty"

Spokesman Joe:
"Listen Danny, this year Chapel Hill did not come to play. Their starting five consists of two sophomores and a freshman"

Spokesman Danny:
"Listen Joe, I've never seen a freshman at this High-school with such potential. I mean just look at him. Liam Jones, number four"

"Lets go Liam !!"

"Come on Liam !! Whoot Whoot"

Malik and Nyla had tagged along with me to Liam's game. I honestly needed my friends right now and they were my safe place.
Malik was overjoyed when I told him I left Damien but he did his best to not show it.
Plus he still never told me what he meant when he said he heard fishy stuff about Damien. I tried prying it out of him but he wasn't budging.

"Who's that red head girl over there?"

"Who?"

"Right there with Liam's number on her shirt"

"Probably a fan" I shrugged.

The red headed caucasian girl was slim and really pretty. Anytime Liam made a shot, she jumped up with her pompoms cheering for him.

Spokesman Joe:
"We are down to the last ten seconds, Roberto number seven has the ball. He passes it to number four Liam, he aims, he shoots, he scores !"

Spokesman Danny:
"Well there you have it folks, Chapel Hill High-school are our High-school Fall Basketball Champions"

Liam ran off the court and over to the red head girl that was overjoyed.
Normally he ran over to me, giving me hugs and fist bumps, but it's obvious who has his attention now.

Lamar sat on the other side of the gym away from us.
It didn't bother me, but I knew his presence here would make Liam happy.

"So he doesn't see us?" Nyla asked waving over to him but he was receiving all sorts of love from his fans.

"Come on, lets walk down there"

We walked down the bleachers, stepping over all of the fallen popcorn and spilt sodas.

"Auntie J! We won !"

"Im so proud of you, give me a hug"

"Hi Ms. Jones, Im Allison" the red head girl introduced herself.

"Hello, Im Liam's aunt"

"I know, he never stops talking about you. You're really pretty"

"Thank you, you're beautiful as well"

Liam just stood there with the most awkward smile.

"Hey buddy" his dad came over to congratulate him.

"Hey dad! We won!"

"I know buddy, I'm super proud of you"

"Where's the family?" I asked.

"It was too costly to fly everyone out, I came alone"

"Mmm okay"

"Auntie J" Liam knew I was being shady.

"Well it was nice seeing you" I turned away from him. "And it was a pleasure meeting you Ally"

"Ally ? OMG is that my nickname ? Ive never had a nickname before" She said all bubbly.

"Don't white folks give their kids nicknames?" Nyla whispered

"Are you going to this little party as well tonight? I asked