The Truth Always Prevails

Wednesday - The Night Before The Hearing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Damien

It's been a few weeks since I've moved back in with my parents and I can honestly say that I wished I did it sooner. At least I'm guaranteed my own room, three meals a day, and to be surrounded by my parents who I barely spent time with.

I had reached out to Jess after hearing what happened with the house and Liam. She surprisingly answered my call and we had a decent conversation. She didn't mention the remaining funds that I owed her but I had to bring it up. I needed her to know how sorry I truly was. I still was taking the blame for Kim because I wasn't ready to come out as gay. I still don't even fully believe that I am. I consider myself Bi-Sexual, but either way, that's something that I have to figure out on my own.

I'm not sure where our relationship lies, but I'm happy to feel as though we still have a friendship. After all, it's how we started in college before we got serious.

I decided to call her because I knew she said that they had a court hearing tomorrow. I wanted to encourage her to be strong. She's actually one of the strongest women I know. I can't believe she's engaged, I always thought she would've ended up with me. But she's finally getting what I know she wanted and deserves. The life Mason could grant her, I never could've done that. She's staying on the Upper East Side now with him, and I'm honestly proud of her. I past their home on the way to work everyday. I finally found a little pharmacist job at the local Walmart. It's nothing much, but it's something and I'm just happy to not be sitting on my ass all day.

I took out my phone dialing her number. The phone rang three times and she picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey I thought you were hiding from me, you good?"

"Hey Damien, I'm good, just home relaxing what's up?"

"So No cookings happening today? it's Wednesday, you know you love your Curry Chicken on Wednesdays"

"Well unfortunately I'm home alone eating Pickle Juice and White bread"

"Um that sounds pretty disgusting"

"I know but it taste so good!"

"Where's Liam, how's he doing after everything?"

"We placed him in therapy, after the whole incident he shut down verbally and we wanted him to be honest and open with us. But he's been doing better so far. Mason took the family to the movies"

"Why didn't you go"

"I don't feel too good, probably because I'm eating all this junk"

"Jess... are you..."

"No, I'm not"

"I mean, are you sure?"

"Positive"

"Well I just wanted to check in on you and tell you that you're gonna do great tomorrow"

"Well you remember Tony was top of her class and she's one of the best lawyers in Carolina, so I'm confident"

"You think that bastard is going to try and say he's innocent?"