Finally, Some Good News

The courtroom was filled with news reporters and outlets. The flashing lights zapped continuously as Mason and the family walked into the courtroom. They looked strong, powerful and united as one.

Allison's Father Came inside, shackled from his hands to his feet, with his head hanging low in shame.

"All rise, Judge Simons is now presiding"

The entire courtroom stood to its feet. Liam and the boys sat together next to Tanya as their lawyer.

"You maybe seated" he said, ordering everyone to sit.
"The City of Carolina and the Carolina Beach Police Department Versus Greg Legrice for Arson, Premeditated Attempted Murder and the Murder of Braxton Fischer, Intentional Damaging of Property, Racial Profiling, Verbal Assault and Battery, Three Accounts of stalking, Abuse of Authority and your badge, Assault on a Minor, Neglect to file an Official Police or Medical Report, Racism and Favoritism shown towards a specific race. How does the defendant Plead?"

Jess had no idea Tanya had slapped all of those charges onto him. Everyone in the courtroom was shocked as well. She was charging him to the full extent.

"Guilty Your Honor" Greg's Lawyer spoke because he was too scared to open his mouth for himself.

"Does the defendant have any final words to say before his sentencing"? He asked, showing leniency. Although nobody cared for what he had to say.

"My client does your honor" his lawyer spoke for him again.

"Well he will need to open his mouth and speak for himself"

The crowd laughed at the coward of a man that stood in front of them. He wasn't so tough or Mr. Big Bad Wolf now.

Greg looked up and turned around to face the crowd of people. The crowd went silent, waiting for the peasant to speak.

"I... I firstly want to apologize to my family. My baby girl, Allison. I've failed you, I was suppose to protect you from the monsters and bad people, but then I turned into the monster and villain. I became the bad man in this world that wasn't protecting you. I thought I was, but I wasn't. I can't do much for you from a prison cell, but I'm going to change and try to be better for you one day" He paused, then looked at his wife who was clearly distraught.
"To my wife, I know you hate me for all the pain and turmoil I've put our family in. My hatred for other races have effected your livelihood and safety. I pray that one day you will have it in your heart to forgive me" He blew her a kiss before turning the boys and their family.
"To the boys I've wrongly prosecuted, abusing my badge and power, I'm truly sorry. Whether I disliked you for your color, race or ethnicity I had no right trying to bring physical or deadly harm to minors. I'm am sorry for the physical, mental and emotional trauma I may have caused to any of you. Especially to you Liam, you didn't deserve it, any of it. I know it's probably too late, but I pray that one day you can accept my apology. Thank you your honor"

Liam looked over to Allison who kept looking over at him periodically. He couldn't read her mind, but her body language screamed that she missed him but had to support her family.

"The Final Sentencing Hearing will be set for Monday June 21st, until then Mr, Legrice will be held at the State of North Carolina Correctional Facility without bail. The state is also ruling in the favor of Liam Jones and the family for Twenty Million. Court is adjourn"

With the slamming of his gavel, the court room burst into cheering and screaming. As well as the snapping of pictures for the victory of the hearing.

With Allison's father pleading guilty, there won't be a trial, meaning the boys don't have to go through the headache of what Jessica had to endure almost nine years ago. Sitting in a Court room, speaking in front of a grand jury, trying to prove your innocence. Leaving the freedom of someone you love in the hands of others. That was her one prayer, that Liam and the boys didn't have to go through that.