The Question

Narration:

"Okay so here are the options. There can possibly be an Early Birth, Preeclampsia, Fetal Loss, Abnormalities or Birth Defects. Meaning I will have to place you on immediate bed rest"

"Is it that bad?" Mason asked, pulling Jess closer to him.

"It is, I'm not even sure how you're pregnant right now, and I mean that in the nicest way possible Ms. Jones"

"Call me Jess"

"I will need your place of establishment to have my office email and notify them of your immediate maternity leave" she handed her a sticky note with a pen.

"Thank you"

When Jess passed the sticky note back, Lynn looked at it, then back up at her with weary eyes.

"Is your name Jessica ? As in Dr. Jessica Jones the sports doctor?"

"Yes, I am" Jess smiled. "Mmm.." Dr. Bell said frowning.

"Is that a problem?" She asked being genuinely concerned? "My line of work does require me to do physical activity so I have absolutely no problem being on bed rest until time for the labor"

She thought Lynn was expressing some sort of concern for her, but she was actually disgusted with her. Symone had already made Jess seem like the enemy so Lynn felt some kind of way now being her OBGYN. However, client confidentiality. She couldn't let Symone or Jess know that she was either of their doctors.

A sense of betrayal washed over Lynn but she quickly brushed it aside. Notifying Jess and Mason that their next appointment is scheduled in two weeks and hopefully her blood pressure levels aren't elevated.

Thus far, she was three months and two weeks pregnant. Going the entire first trimester undetected due to a negative at home test, and also doubting herself for an additional two weeks. However, the weird cravings and recent weight gain should've been a sign.

"The fetus isn't as strong or as big as we would like it to be. However the facial features are beginning to form. It also has a weak heartbeat, meaning I really need you to take it easy. Do you have stairs in your household?"

"Yes we do, but there is a downstairs guest room that we can stay in until next month. We're moving soon, the home we are in is just temporary" Mason told her.

"Oh no, moving right now is the worst option. Is there anyway to stay situated where you are until after the baby is born?"

"I mean, if its the best option then that's fine I guess". Jess shrugged. "It doesn't matter where we live, as long as our baby is okay"

"But the wedding" Mason reminded her.

"Oh yeah..."

"If you wont be standing up for long periods of time, then a wedding is fine. But definitely no tight clothing to put pressure on your abdomen. Neither alcohol or undercooked meat like steak or sushi, no raw meats. Everything you eat must be fully cooked and with little to no salt okay. As well as fast foods, they are a no no"

"Oh God, I feel like I'm on a diet" she held her face making them laugh along with her.

"She's been sneaking Pickle Juice and Salty Sausages"

She gasped, "How did you know?"

"I know everything"

"Trust me, if you follow my directions, we can ensure that you have the most safest, enjoyable pregnancy. We must put you and the baby first always. However, when we do have to cross that road in the labor and delivery room, there is always the question." She told them.