Nai Peedhi-New Generation

*18 years later, Dharvi India

Preeti was worn out from helping the village girls fetch water from the well all day, while Sadhana and Sangeeta were busy preparing meals. Sapna was caring for the animals and living a life she could never have imagined. She had made friends with the animals. Vinod, Manik, Anand, and Vivek were working in construction to help their village financially. Twenty years had passed since Prem's death, but his absence left the family feeling empty. Preeti, who was 59 years old at the time, felt frail. A beautiful girl was seen outside their house running inside.  She had fair skin, dark brown eyes, and black hair that was wavy. She was regarded as the most gorgeous female in Dharavi and the center of attention for all the lads. No one else but our Priya was her, and only a few days earlier, she had celebrated her 24th birthday. She served as the family's peacemaker because she was the only one who was carefree, kind, and lighthearted. Raj,the son of Vinod, and Sapna adored and guarded his sister.

Priya-Anchal Sahu:

"Mere paas aapase ek prashn hai Mom(I have a question for you, Mom

"Mere paas aapase ek prashn hai Mom(I have a question for you, Mom.)" Preeti gives Priya a strong hug while grinning. "Yah kya hai, priye? Aap jaanate hain ki meree ichchha hai ki aap prasann rahen(What is it, sweetheart? You are aware that my wish is for you to be joyful.)" Priya first had her doubts.

Preeti:

 "Mujhe aashchary hua ki kya main University of Mumbai mein aavedan kar sakata hoon

 "Mujhe aashchary hua ki kya main University of Mumbai mein aavedan kar sakata hoon. Jab main aur mere dost Mumbai daure par the to Ritika naam ki ek shikshika ne mujhe bataaya ki mera IQ unake chhaatron ke samaan hai. Mainne apani naukari se kamaaya hua ek-ek paisa isake liye alag rakh diya tha. Please!(I wondered if I could apply to the University of Mumbai. I was informed that I had the same IQ as their students by a teacher named Ritika while my friends and I were visiting Mumbai. I had set aside every penny I earned from my job for this. Please!)" Preeti's head shakes in protest. "Aap nahi kar sakate, nahi. Mujhe khed hai, lekin aap ek graameen se shaadi karane ke liye baadhy hain. Hum Mumbai lautane mein asamarth hai.(You can't, no. I'm sorry, but you're obliged to wed a villager. We are unable to return to Mumbai.)" Vinod unexpectedly notices the dejected Priya. 

Vinod: