12) The lady killer

The ambulance rolled away as Hanna was crying and Aria was holding a shaking Ava.

No matter what happened she knew that what she done was to protect her friends, but it doesn't change what happened.

And she'd do it all over again to protect the ones she loved.

But she can't seem to get the image out of her head as she couldn't stop shaking while Aria held her reassuring her that it was all okay while Spencer comforted Hanna.

"Don't worry about me all that matters is Hanna" Ava said barely. "You matter too" Aria said. "So, the deceased was a friend of yours" the officer asked Emily.

Emily couldn't focus as all her attention was on Hanna and Ava. "Miss Fields please I'm trying to understand what happened here" the officer said.

"Did you know the victim" he asked. "Yes" Emily said. "The deceased was a friend of yours" the officer asked.

Hours earlier

"Jury selection is expected to conclude today, and defense attorney Veronica Hastings made a statement to reporters this morning" the news woman said as the girls were watching the news on TV.

"My client is emotionally exhausted but he's relieved to know that he's finally going to have the opportunity to clear his name" Veronica said on the TV.

"How did this get so big" Hanna asked. "I mean it's like all eyes are on Rosewood" Hanna said.

"Can't help but think that Toby took that job in Bucks County just to avoid all this" Spencer said.

"Can't help but think he had the right idea" Ava said. "She's taking the long way because reporters are houndering her for interviews" Aria said and Spencer turned off the TV.

Okay how are we gonna do this" Spencer asked. "Well Emily thinks she's coming over here so we can apologize but when she realizes what this is she'll probably be more, mad at us than she was before" Hanna said.

"I am not looking forward to seeing that" Spencer said. "In a successful intervention the loved one feels safe not judged" Hanna said.

"Great, right so we'll start out all warm and fuzzy and then we just have to hit her with the truth" Aria said.

"And hope she speaks to us after this" Ava said. "Yeah, and that's your cue" Hanna told Spencer.

"Okay so Paige was jealous of Ali we know that Paige was jealous of Maya, and she was with Emily that night it was easy for her to set us up" Spencer said.

"Still can't believe I missed that although I'm kind of glad I did yikes" Ava said.

"And she has the other earring so she must have Ali's body right" Aria said. "Yeah" Spencer said.

"Wait I don't get it if Paige was so into Emily why would she drug her and then why would she drug herself" Hanna asked.

"Wait Hanna we were all on the same A, page here" Spencer said. "We are this is a practice run" Hanna said.

"Right okay uh drugging yourself is the best Albi ever classic Sharon stone move" Spencer said.

"Remember that movie basic instinct" Spencer asked. "No" Hanna and Aria said. "Basic what" Ava asked.