Ch 12 Hinata

I'll admit I kinda wanted to eat the rice because it had better dishes with it but I'll follow what Kenma wants.

I didn't realize I was staring at his food until he said something.

"Did you want to eat the rice?" he asked.

"Uh- no! It's fine. You can have it." I said feeling embarrassed. Kenma should eat what he wanted to eat. He's the one with a bad headache.

He picked up some of his food with his chopsticks. "Here have some." he said with a slight smile.

I reluctantly took a bite. "Wow that's pretty good."

Wait a minute. Did he just feed me now. How embarrassing.

I started to feel flustered and turned the other way so he couldn't see my face.

When we were finished eating, I looked up at him and smiled. He gave me a soft smile back. I saw there was a small piece of rice near his lip.

"Kenma, you have something near your lip. Wait a second." I used my finger to wipe it off.

Wait.. why did I do that. I'm never this intimate with anyone.

I look back to see his reaction.

"I- uhm- t-thanks." he stuttered as he turned to face the other direction.

"Shoyo, did you miss practice all day just to be with me?" he asked still looking the other way.

"I mean- maybe... you had a bad headache! And I was worried" I said while pouting.

I head him mumble something but I couldn't hear. I decided to leave it alone.

"Maybe you should go back to practice? I'd feel bad if I were the reason you didn't want to do your favorite sport." said Kenma.

"It's okay!! Trust me. I'll only leave when you're better. Do you still have a headache?"

"It's almost gone now. I think I can play. Does Nekoma still have any matches?" He groaned," I thought I could get out of some with this."

"Uhm Kenma? Did you forget? Todays the last day before we leave training camp. We don't have any matches today. Just practice."

"Wait what? Today's Friday already??" He said with noticeable disappointment in his voice.

"Don't worry Kenma! We'll see each other again at nationals. I know we will!"

"Alright then.. pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise! Now let's just spend the time we have left having fun!"

"Sure Shoyo. Wanna play some video games?"

"Uhm I don't really know the instructions for most games so you're gonna have to teach me." I said with a tiny bit of embarrassment in my voice.

"Don't worry. I got you." He said with a reassuring smile.

We played games for the rest of the day or at least until I felt tired. He can really play games forever.

"Uhm Kenma?"

"What's wrong Shoyo?"

"Can I put my head on your shoulder? I'm kinda tired.." I asked in a quiet voice.

"...sure." he said after a long pause. I put my head on his shoulder. I felt his warm breath on my face. I felt a sense of security and shut my eyes with a smile on my face.