Ch 20 Kenma

K so like, the image above is from the manga and is alsooo a scene in this chapter. Thought it was kinda funny so why not put it here :D

Enjoy the chapter~~

~~~~

~Time skip because I thought there was a cute moment here I could use~

It was almost the end of the first set. The score was 21-22. Karasuno with the lead.

I was up to serve and started thinking.

Shoyo is pretty bad at receives. I should aim towards him with some force. Plus he won't be able to do that quick attack.

As I tossed up the ball and started to hit it, something stopped me from hitting it with as much force as I could.

What the heck? Why did I do that??

Instead it turned out to be a pretty receivable serve. He bumped it with ease. They still didn't do the super quick attack.

I sighed as they took the point.

Liking someone has made me soft

Get it together and beat the shit out of them

~Time skip to when the first set points were 25-25 and Nekoma just scored~

Kuroo just slammed the ball and Shoyo fell. I couldn't help but feel worried.

I looked over and saw that Kai was going to serve next.

If they are really driven for victory at this moment, baiting them should work

I'll try to make them reach over the net.

It worked. It was now set set point for Nekoma.

Kai served again.

They were doing another synchronized attack. Kuroo received it.

I passed it over into a specific spot.

It was a free ball given to them.

It was up to them if they would use it correctly.

They lost the point. Nekoma has won the first set.

Just like I had planned.

I let out a low chuckle. Kuroo looked back confused.

"Whatcha laughing about?"

I smiled. "Seems like everyone on Karasuno has caught the Shoyo virus."

"Huh??"

It was time to switch sides of the courts.

"You've gotten better at receives Shoyo." I said while walking by. "I saw during the game you had with Inarizaki game."

He looked at me with a tint of pink on his cheeks. It was most likely from the compliment.

"Receiving sucks at first, but once you get better at them, it gets pretty interesting."

He looked at me for a few seconds and suddenly said, "Yeah! But I'm not done just yet! I'll be the best ball boy there ever was.

Part of me was confused and the other part of me wanted to laugh.

What's "the best ball boy"?

I walked to the other side of the court and smiled.

The game has just begun.