#1

VED'S POV.

As I walked down to living room, Dad gave a flushy smile.

"You look handsome my boy!"

"Your genes dad!"

I smiled back him.

"I totally disagree"

Mom interrupted. Mom looked soo beautiful today. She always looks beautiful but she looks more beautiful in saree. She wore the saree dad gifted her.

"All the good looks genes are mine."

"Thats not fair Sadhana..."

Dad made a puppy face to which mom laughed.

"I am just stating facts. Abhi agar Ved tum par jaata na Dev, toh Vividha kabhi Ved shaadi karti bhala?"

Even dad started laughing now. I noticed Mom's attention had divided from Dad to somewhere behind me. I looked where she was looking, and there stood Vividha, wearing a white lehenga with red duppatta, perfectly matching to my white kurta and red duppatta. She...She looked beautiful...Wonderful infact.  Open hair, Brown eyes. I don't remember the last time I fixed my eyes on her like this.

"Okayy okayyy enough of jokes now! Its time for pooja now..Its Lakshmi pujan..we shouldn't delay it more"

Vividha urged us to hurry up. We followed her. She was more religious than Mom. Mom handed over the pooja thali to Vividha.

"Shaadi ke baad ki pehli diwali hai tum dono ki...pooja tum dono karo"

Vividha immediately obeyed. Our fingers brushed as I holded the thali. She pretended as if she didn't notice. I know she did. She knows I know. Its good she isn't like other wives, Shying away each time their husband touches them. But I was different today. My eyes were automatically adorning her even when I was supposed to focus on the pooja.
Mom took the thali when pooja was over. She was smirking...weirdly...Why Bro?

"Abey! Teri hi biwi hai! Bedroom mein taadle Ved!"

Dad wispered.

"Dad! Kya bol rahe ho aap? Kuch bhi!"

"Aree you are grown up now, I can discuss all this with you na..and what is going on between you and Vividha? You are zoning out on her. Just compliment her naa"

"What? No! And I am just thinking about work...not zoning out on her."

"Bedroom work?"

"Dad! Please remember, I am your son."

Dad frowned. And that wasn't a good thing....He was going to do something...

"Aree Vividha!"

He called Vividha who was giggling with Mom. Vividha walked to us.

"Haa Dad"

"Ved wanted to say something to you."

Vividha looked at me for 3 secs and looked away. She was look at me but not at my face...she was looking at my hair, Ear, nose everywhere..

"Kya?"

She asked. I fumbled.

"Kkkk..kuch nahi. Main kabhi kuch bolta hu kya?"

Dad got annoyed. Again not a good thing

"Tum bohot sundar lag rahi ho, Aisa keh raha hai Ved."

Dad said in the most dramatic way possible. Vividha had a smile on her face immediately. She smiled at me....I don't remember the last time we smiled at each other.

"Maine aisa kuch nahi bola"

I corrected Dad. Her expressions changed.

"Aree suno matt tum iski! Kabse taad raha tha tumhe!"

Dad mocked me. Vividha faked a laugh.

After having dinner, Me and Vividha went up to our room. I was scrolling reels when I saw Vividha staring at me, as if she wanted to say something.

"Kuch kehna hai?"

"Haa..actually....I have a school reunion tomorrow. I wanted to go."

"Ohkayy....so?"

"My friends wanted to meet you..."

"Me? Why?"

I was surprised. Why me bro?
She made a obvious face.

"Because you are my husband, remember? We have been married for 2 months...remember?"

She said in an annoyed voice

"Yes I remember Vividha. I will come tomorrow. What time?"

I asked her looking down in my phone, I could hear her take a breathe of relief.

"6 pm."

She said removing her bangles. I just remembered I had a meeting!

"6! I have a meeting at 5.30"

I said looking up at her. She slightly banged the bangles on her dressing table.

"Can't you cancel it or prepond or postpone it?"

"You work with me Vividha, You know that I can't do that."

"I am doing it Ved! I took half day off. I know it is my reunion, So it is reasonable for me to do it, But can't you just spare 30 mins for something that is important to me?"

"U took half day off! We have a very imp deal to crack and you took a leave?!!"

I raised my one eyebrow.

"I mailed you 2 days ago!"

"You did?"

"Yeah!"

"Why? You could have just told me...We live in the same room!"

"Why do we live together?"

"You want me to answer this? Look at the picture on the wall!"

I pointed at our wedding picture.

"Say it! Say what am I to you? You expect me to understand the work load, share it not because I work under you or I have been you friend for last 2 years...You expect that because I am married to you!"

"Yes of course! What is the prblm in that Vividha!?"

"I have accompanying you to your office parties as 'YOUR WIFE' Ved, Can't you spend 30 mins for my reunion?:

She turned her back to me and removed the rest of the ornaments. She went in the washroom. She has started spending more time in washroom since past 2 weeks.

I tugged myself on the couch. Vividha came out wearing her home clothes and layed on the bed.

My back hurts sleeping in the couch. But I can't sleep with her on the bed...She will feel uncomfortable and so will I. She did give a utterly confused look on our wedding night, but she never asked me any question regarding this. She never asks for anything. Its just these 2 weeks, She is acting weird....Frustrated. okayy whatever, I need to sleep!
.

Comment your views.
Radhe Radhe.