#4

VED'S POV

"Aree Ved! Tumhari hi biwi hai, Ghar pe jaake dekhlo!"

One of her male friends popped up in between. And why does everyone keep saying this?

"Main...main nahi dekh raha"

I fumbled. Her friends had surrounded me by now.

"Aree kabse dekh raha hu main, Taad rahe ho tum Vividha ko!"

All of them started laughing. Bro why laugh?! I looked at Vividha...She was awkward a little....but had very non so little question mark on her face.

"Vividha...No...I wasn't looking...I"

Why the fuck do I fumble!?

"Aree are lagta hai Ved Jiju darte hai Vividha se!"

And her friends started laughing again.........Why laugh so much? Her friends left us alone after sometime. Now there is awkward silence.
She decided to break it.

"Toh, Dekh rahe the mujhe?"

She asked directly, turning her body to me.

"Umm...umm..No.!"

"I know my friends wouldn't lie."

"I was just looking at you, Not...Taad nahi raha tha main tumhe."

"Kyun? Acchi nahi lag rahi main?"

She is saying all this with straight face.

"Waisi baat nahi hai..."

"Toh phir kya baat hai?, Acchi lag rahi hu na main?"

"Haa lag rahi hu acchi."

"Toh keh sakte ho. Tareef kar sakte ho Ved!"

"Tum...tum gussa--"

She walked away to the bar section. She was one bottle down now....She can't handle drinks much. Definitely not in combination of dance which I could see coming as her eyes searched for a partner.
I decided to handle her now. I walked up to her. She was already threwing her arms in the air. I was standing right in front of her.....She didn't care!

"Vividha!"

"Kya?"

We yelled due to the loud music.

"Lets go home. You are drunk!"

"Don't be bore Dumbo!"

Okayy Bore and Dumbo in one line.......
Drunk Vividha things.
She threw her arms around me. My hands were on her arms trying to stop her.

"I don't want to dance."

"Come on, You look hot when you dance!"

She called me Hot! Still processing this.
Drunk Vividha Things!
I held her arm and got her out of her dancing zone. She said goodbye to her friends.....I said actually, She was too drunk for that.
We reached home and she wasn't ready to get out the car. Mom dad were sleeping.

"Chalo utho!"

"Nahi! Mujhe uthake leke jao!"

"Are you a kid?"

"Uthaaaaaoooooo naaaaaaa"

She made a puppy face. I got her out of the car somehow.
She kept moving her hands somewhere from my shoulder to Mt.Everest!

"Shant khadi raho yaar!"

I said annoyed....She looked at me...with a little disappointed and seduction in her eyes. Noooo Ved.....Focus on disappointment only!
She fixed her hand around my neck....again.
I reluctantly put my hand around her back and legs and picked her up.

"Yahoooo! Ved ne mujhe utha liyaaaa"

"Shushhh"

She kept silence till we climbed the stairs. I placed her on  the bed. Her arms were still around my neck. She wasn't letting go.

"Vividha...tum bed pe ho...mujhe chod sakti ho."

"Hwww! Aisa kaise chod du tumhe? Pati ho tum mere!"

Funny drunk Vividha....Stupid Vividha.

"Mujhe bhi sona hai...Tum bhi so jao."

I got out of her grip. But she pulled me to the bed. And I did fall on the bed. Thankfully not on her.  She shifted and gave me space on the bed. She keoy her head on my arm.
I was justing looking at her.

"Ved.."

"Vividha...you need to sleep. I need to sleep too."

I looked at the roof trying to get out of the bed.

"Haa toh sleep here na..! And why do you sleep on that small tiny couch? Actually I know the answer.....YOU DON'T LIKE ME. YOU KIND OF AVOID ME. You DON'T WANT TO SLEEP NEAR ME......WITH ME."

I looked at her on her 'with me' remark.

"Its okayy Ved! Its totally okay to dislike me. Husband dislike wives....I am used to my closest people avoiding me. First my Mom...Then my dad. Then you--My husband. But your parents are good. They like me."

I didn't know how to react to this. It was better I didn't...She was too drunk to let me speak.

"Can I ask for a favour Ved.?"

"Hmm"

"JUST DON'T GO AWAY....ALL I HAVE IS YOU. I KNOW I DONT EVEN HAVE YOU ACTUALLY....IF YOU LEAVE, YOUR PARENTS AND I WILL HAVE NO RELATION AND I WOULD LITERALLY HAVE NO ONE SO...DON'T LEAVE ME...."

She slept on my arm with these words echoing in my head.
She was always fun when drunk...Today....she was hurt. Never have I seen her talk like this...
.

Please comment. It motivates to write