#9

VED'S POV

I lost my calm again. She looked scared. She tried everything to hide it. I don't know what was making her not leave me alone but I could hear her scream from the inside. In all this drama, It was already 7pm. Most of the time went in yelling at the staff and others for their irresponsible behavior.
I couldn't control myself...I was soo angry! 2nd time in less than 48hours I lost my calm in front of her. She was scared....but I was more scared. The thought of her getting hurt because of me....that bothered me now. And when I looked at my reflection in the mirror earlier in room...Fuck! I looked like a monster.

She does mean something to me. A friend maybe. A friend I want to protect at any cost. I don't know but even during the meeting all I thought was Vividha...

I was sitting on a bench near the pool, smoking when I heard her call me.

"Ved?"

I turned. She saw me smoke. I throw it away. She saw the smoke around me and the burning cigarette.

"Haa"

Worseeeeeeeeee! Smoke. escaped my mouth as I spoke.

"Are you...are you smoking? You are smoking."

"No...No...Its...Its fog. It burning fog...its..umm...natural phenomenon."

She giggled at my lie. Oh, I should say...giggled at my joke...Burning Fog...Are you for real Ved Sharma?

"Burning Fog,.Are you for real Ved Sharma?"

She giggled more. I said the same thing in my head! Can she read my mind?

"I don't smoke often...I.."

"You don't need to explain. Its your choice."

I nodded.

"Ghar nahi jaana..?"

"We...we are not going home."

"Why?"

"I need to talk to you."

I could see discomfort on her face. She clicked her finger....Anxiety.

"I wanted to ask you something"

She said sitting beside me. I'll let her talk. She needs to.

"I know you from quite a long time now....I may not know your preferences etc....but I know you are a good person. You care about people. I never thought you had layers....I thought you were a open book."

"NOo ONE IS A OPEN BOOK. WE ALL HAVE OUR UNTOLD STORIES."

"I want to know that story Ved."

I looked at her. She was already looking at me. HER FACE WAS SO....SOOTHING.

"What do you want to know?"

"Your anger. The reason for your anger."

"Its baseless."

"No its not. I have you turn from a composed person to a---

"Monstar...right?"

She wasn't very happy with my choice of words.

"No...To a angry person."

"You really want to have this conversation? Its a nice view...you can take pictures"

"I LIKE YOUR VIEW."

She flirts well! I chuckled.

"And haa main flirt kar rahi hu tumhare saath."

She chuckled.

"On a serious note. I WANT THE VIEW OF INNER VED.."

"There is nothing much Vividha....I don't have any traumas to blame for my behavior...I was a jerk to you."

"You know what I saw in your anger....HELPLESSNESS."

My expressions changed but I tried hiding it....She noticed it. She is good at knowing the inner self of people I think. The reasons behind their bad deeds. I have seen her with some people who the world hates but those people are just so happy with her.

I get it now, SHE SEES THE LIGHT IN EVERYONE'S DARKNESS

"When our marriage was announced, I couldn't meet you, See you till our wedding day....but you wanted to talk to me....I saw you helpless. I saw you arguing with your dad in front of my house...I was in the balcony."

She  said recalling. She is right. I wanted to talk to her...I WANTED TO TELL HER THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO MARRY HER.

"Then you dad came into my house to discuss something. I saw you...kicking the dustbin. I heard to cussing. You wanted to talk...I don't know what...but you were helpless...that was the first time I saw you angry."

"I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to tell you that I don't---"

I was interrupted by a staff.

"Sir, raat ko pool ke pass baithna allowed nahi hai."

"Okay. We'll leave."

She said getting. I got up too.

"Room mein khaana order kare?"

She said walking a few steps backwards. There was a life jacket behind her. I thought she would slip-----

"Aa Ved!"

I immediately caught her hand but she is not as light as she looks....She fell in the pool, pulling me into it. Bottom Line- We both fell in the pool!

As I tried to get my head above water and recover my coughs...I heard continuous splashed of water.
She was struggling. We were on the deepest side. I didn't know swimming, I just knew how to manage to keep my head up.

"Vividha!"

I tried reaching out to her. As soon as my hands touched hers, she pulled me towards and wrapped her arms around me. Typical things every drowning person would do.
I used my brain thoda sa. I held her leg and made her lock her legs on my waist. This gave her height to keep her face above water.
Her back was sticking to wall on the pool. My one hand was on her waist and other was on her thigh, holding it tight.

"I am here. I am here."

"Ved, hold me...hold me close"

She said pulling my shirt with her hands around my neck.
She pulled me closer in fear. A palm's distance between us. I could feel her breathe. For some secondsz there was silence between us. Just the sound of the water and our breathes. She didn't move her eyes from mine. She didn't losen her grip.

DAMN...HER EYES.

"I'll get you up..."

I said in my lowest voice. I couldn't speak....My voice wasn't ready to come out.
She nodded.
I slided my hand from her thigh to her waist. I gripped her waist with both my hands. I pushed her up to the platform  of the pool. So now, She was out of the pool finally. I came out of the pool. She tried getting up....she couldn't.

"Aaa."

"Kya hua?"

She held her leg close to her chest. I saw that the bandage I put on her foot had came off, It was bleeding a little.

"Its burning! Due to the chlorine water...."

I gave her my hand and held her shoulder, She tried to get up but it wasn't working. She was about to fall again but I held her. I held her with my hand which was on her shoulder first and was now gripping her waist....

And about her waist...she has a perfect waist, Not too thin and definitely not fat. I don't mean to fat shame anyone but Vividha's waist is....Wow! Did I sound creep.

This is going to be Vividha-Falls-Ved-Holds session.
.

Comments Bhaiiii!