-Hero?

After leaving Melissa's room I noticed it was pretty late already. Most of the pack had gone into their rooms or homes to get some rest. I quietly made my way outside and shifted making sure to have my clothes in my mouth I headed off to my border. I ran along the border checking on the night shift wolves as I went. They bowed their heads as I past by then continued with their shifts.

It was beautiful tonight as the sky was clear leaving the moon on display. It was full and bright the stars next to it shone giving the moon an even brighter glow. All the animals of the night could be heard making music in their own way for the moon. This was one of the reasons I loved being a wolf and a creation of the moon goddess.

After going around my border once I headed back to the pack house. I shifted and quickly dressed my self before heading inside to check the pack house. I walked all around the pack house making sure everything was okay before going to my office to finish the papers for Dylan and Melissa. Since they are rogue's, just like the rest of my pack members were, they get a new start meaning a new file. I put a picture of Dylan in his folder along with information such as his age, height, wolf color, and what place he chose in the pack. I did the same with Melissa's. I had just finished her folder when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said

The door opened and in came Dylan. He greeted me with an 'Alpha' before closing the office door and sitting in the seat in front of my desk.

"What can I help you with Dylan?" I asked putting the folders in a draw in my desk and giving my full attention to him

"I was kinda....well I was wondering if... Well, I don't really know how to say this....." He said scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Dylan it's okay just tell me."

"Well, I was kinda wondering if you could train Melissa " He rushed out then looked down as if I was going to yell at him or scold him for him asking me this.

"I planned on training her Dylan, every member of my pack, except for the children, of course, has been trained. I will not let what that sick bastard did to her happen again. I will make sure she knows how to defend herself even if what she chose in the pack doesn't involve violence."

"Thank you Alpha," he said looking up making eyes contact for a split second before looking down in complete panic.

"Dylan look at me please," I asked politely. He looked all over my face but not once did his eyes connect with mine.

"I would like it if you looked me in the eye when you talk to me and please call me Amber. Alpha is too formal meaning only when there are visitors are you to call me Alpha." I explained

He hesitantly looked up then slowly his eyes roamed my face before finally connecting with my eye's. He flinched a little bit as if still expecting me to strike him.

"See that's not so bad now is it?" I asked

He shyly grinned before breaking into a full blown smile when he realized that I was not going to hurt him.

"Your not like most Alpha's." He stated more to himself than to me

"Is that a good thing?" I questioned honestly curious

He responded quickly with an "It's definitely a good thing." I laughed in response. "I like being different it keeps things interesting," I said smiling. We stayed silent for a couple of minutes before Dylan said

"Your our hero you know that?"

"I'm not a hero I don't do anything heroic to be called a hero," I said completely dismissing his statement