chapter 16 ~honesty~

June 2000
Aaliyah's Pov

I sat at the table and watched as Alfonso came back into the room as they were singing happy birthday.

"They must be fucking" I said to myself and took a sip of my corona.

I looked over at Xio and noticed her mean mug towards Sel and I just rolled my eyes. Don't get me wrong I loved Xio but she irked my soul.

Xio held this grudge against Sel since their fight which by the way, was 2 years ago..

"what's wrong" i said tapping her arm

"nothing"

"so why you giving her a dirty look?"

"because she's weird"

"girl please" i said chuckling and she turned to look at me with a mean mug

"wasn't you just talking shit about her"

"but that's my sister , so regardless it I talk shit about her imma always have her back"

"girl where was this energy when she was in rehab? have her back my ass"

"Xio i'm not gone do this here, stop feelin away about me defending my sister. you just proving how weird YOU really are" I said shaking my head and sipping my beer.

She rolled her eyes, grabbed her purse and got up.

"mkay everyone i'm out, ya have a good time faking the funk" she said and threw a kiss at all of us, then walked away.

I started laughing because shorty really thought she was bothering me.

"what's with her ?" Mariah asked

"she got a bug up her ass because I was defending Sel" i said and she shook her head rolling her eyes.

In a way we were all tired of Xio, she was so draining, always complaining, always in a mood, like girl enjoy life. Stop trying to make everybody's life miserable just because yours is .

We were just sitting to the side, it was a but awkward because this was the first time we had all seen these people in 2 years.

But i was glad that Anthony invited us because I finally got to talk to my sister. I got to hug her and be with her.

~2 hours later~

I walked into my room drying my wet hair from the shower.

"baby you ok?" Justin asked me and i nodded my head sitting next to him on the bed.

"you had fun?" he asked me and i shrugged my shoulders.

"i mean i got to clear stuff up with sel, it was just a bit sad you know"

"everybody had their babies running around and then there was me. with no baby, no nothing" i said with tears in my eyes.

"baby it's ok i get it" he said and i just laid on his chest and started crying.