Chapter 10 ~aftermath~

october, 1997
Selena's Pov

I placed the phone on the side of me and was stuck. What do you do when you find out your mother is dead? What do you say, what do you expect. You see this has never happened to me before so I have a whole bunch of questions.

I called Fonso cause that was the first thing that ran to my head after I got off the call with Liyah.

10 minutes ago

"what you mean?" i said into the phone giving out a nervous chuckle.

"Selena mommys dead" Liyah said through the phone and my heart instantly broke.

"Aaliyah please dont joke around like that" I said laughing

"Selena im not j-joking. Mommy was found dead"she said crying. I could hear the fear, heart break and sadness in her voice.

"Liyah no please" I said on the verge of crying, "i know le le" she said calling me my childhood name.

"Liyah I gotta go, I love you" I said and hung up. I broke down, and cried loud, Nobody was home so it was just me and my cries.

I let out so much, I thought about the last time we saw each other, the words that were being said, the actions that were being done. Just everything.

That couldn't have been my last words to my mom.

june, 1997

"You know what, if you wanna stay here then stay here but don't bother coming home for even looking for me cause I'm not gone give a shit about you" she said walking towards the door and I laughed.

"That's the thing, you never did care" I said and she turned around looking at me. "Your a disgrace to this family, I can't believe I had a piece of shit to call a daughter" she said walking out the room.

"Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" I said slamming the door and sitting on my bed.

Present

We basically told each other that we hated each other, but I could never hate her. No matter how many times she hit me, yelled at me, cursed at me, wished me the worst. I could never hate my mother.

I wiped my tears, and grabbed the phone to call fonso. My hands were shaking a bit, the tears just kept flowing down as the phone rang.

"Hello" I heard his voice over the phone and I smiled, he was the only thing that could make me somewhat ok.

"Fonso, its me sel" I said sniffing.

"Yes baby? Are you ok" He said sounding worried.

"They found my mom dead fonso, shes dead. what do I do" I said breaking down crying.

"sel what you mean?"

"she's gone alfonso, like dead. no heart beat, no blood flow. just a dead corpse " i said crying

"im on my way" i heard him say and then the phone hung up.

I placed the phone next to me and cried my little heart out.