Love Potion

HIII, START OF THE RAINBOW QUEST BOOK YIPPEE!!

I've been adoring Sabre and Orange/Rainbow Steve's relationship as well so I pumped this one out quick to just help getting this book out faster. It's pretty short and I literally just finished so it's not read over but hopefully I wrote it flawlessly the first go LMAO

HERE WE GO~
—————————————————————————

"Should I drink it?"

"Wh- no! It's a Love Potion."

"But it smells good. Like.. pufferfish."

"Wha-.. that's.. kinda gross dude.."

Orange Steve shrugged, swirling the concoction around and sniffing it again. The Violet Steve at the stand leaned forwards, grinning.

"It's harmless. Go on, drink it. It's just a refreshment."

"Okay!"

"ORANGE STEVE DON- ohhkay." Sabre sighed, facepalming as Orange Steve downed the drink. The Leader leaned in, smirking.

"Just give it a second."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You'll see in just a second."

Sabre shook his head, turning his attention back to his friend. Orange Steve licked his lips, raising the glass and double checking he got it all.

"Hmm," he hummed, corking the bottle again, "tastes sweet. And kinda like pufferfish."

"Man, stop with that. That sounds.. awful." Sabre gagged, waving his hand in the air as if to wave off the thought.

"Do you feel any different?"

"Um," Orange Steve thought, handing the empty bottle to the stand keeper, "not rea- woah."

Sabre raised a brow, tilting his head as Orange turned and stared at him.

"You.. you good man? You're scarin' me."

"There it is~." the Leader hummed, glancing between the two with a smug smile.

"What- what are you talking about? What did that do to him? He's looking at me funny.." Sabre asked, waving a hand in front of Orange Steve's face.

He froze when Orange grabbed his wrist, tugging him closer.

"Oh- h-hi? You- you doin good, buddy?"

"You look prettier today. Did you change something?" Orange questioned, studying the players face like he could pick out exactly what changed if he looked hard enough.

"Um, no? Wait- PRETTIER?" Sabre flushed, his ears perking up with pleasant surprise. Now that he looked closer, he could see faint dark pink particles swirling around his companion. Orange's pupils also seemed to shift into a heart shape, the same dark pink color as the particles.

"Well, yeah. You always look pretty, but now you're like.. I don't know. Are you sure you didn't change anything?"

Sabre fumbled over his words, looking to the Leader sharply.

"Violet Leader, what exactly does that potion do?" he hissed with no real heat behind it. The Violet Leader laughed, putting a hand on Sabre's shoulder.

"It just helps people verbalize their infatuations. At least if it's the right one.." he muttered the last bit. Alright, a bit ominous. Sabre doesn't even wanna ask.

The player sighed, blushing a bit more as the Leader's words sunk in.

'Helps people express their infatuations? Then.. then Orange?'

Sabre's tail puffed, curling around his legs as he nodded.

"Oh, so-.."

The Leader nodded, grinning at the two. Sabre could hear the other surrounding Steve's giggling and chatting about them. He groaned, burying his face in the hand Orange wasn't holding captive.

"Alright, look, we're getting side-tracked. Leader, please just take us to your house so we can talk alone. Hear that guys? Alone." Sabre glared. Even if they couldn't see it, they sure as nether could feel it.

Violet Leader nodded, pulling away and continuing on the path. Sabre pulled his wrist out of Orange Steve's grip, his heart tugging at the pout the taller gave him. He laughed lightly and grabbed Orange's hand better, tugging him along as he listened to the Leader go on about their village. The brunette could feel his partners gaze on him the whole way, but at least he wasn't off being distracted.

They reached the Leaders house, Sabre having to shoo the other eager Steve's away from the door after they threw in some alliums. He grabbed them off the floor, handing some to Orange Steve and following the Leader up the stairs, sitting across the table as they began to discuss the situation and what the two needed. Orange clung to him practically the whole time, only parting his side to shoo away any sneaky Violet Steve's that had managed to sneak in.

After Orange got over the vow, Sabre followed the leader out with his friend in tow. As they reached the center while giving their goodbyes, Orange Steve pulled him closer than they usually were to teleport. After one final goodbye, they were gone in a flurry of lightning.

When they appeared back in the center of the hub, Orange kept his grip on Sabre's arm, his grip tightening a little more nervously.

"Can- can we talk about the whole uh, Love Potion thing?" he asked, glancing away. Sabre nodded, slapping himself mentally when he realized Orange Steve wasn't even looking and speaking up.

"Of course. Let's just do it in the house, please. I need to sit, or lay, and maybe nap. The Violet Steve's are.. Something. Sweet, but man they're overbearing." he smiled, leading Orange over to the house.

—————————————————————————

YEAAA FIRST CHAP OF THIS STORY DONE!! I've got like uh 14 more ideas for RQ so far, plus more to be added as I continue finishing it all again. And then requests as well 💃

Hope this turned out okay, it was kinda rushed so I could get this book out LOL

Words: 800 exactly 😌 HEY A SHORT ONE FOR ONCE IM LEARNING HOW TO MAKE SHORT ONES AGAINNN!! >:D
Time: 15 minutes I think? Felt a lot longer ngl but Docs might be lyin to me ;p