Chapter 16- Church Christmas Rehearsal

It All Started With Hello Ch.16

Artemis

After two hours of driving, two muffins, two great hot chocolates, and two different types of cookies, Daddy, Juno, and I made it to New Iberia, Lousiana.

New Iberia is a small town just two or so hours away from New Orleans. It is so boring here. There is nothing to do unless you go out of town. But I love coming here.

For one, my dad leaves in Lafayette and two, a church here.

The New Iberia First Church of the Nazarene is my church. My home. During Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the pastor let us stay here until we could go home. I was six, but I knew that it was so nice of them. We stayed in the church for a year or so then we moved back to New Orleans. I love the people in the church. They did so much for us that I always love coming to see them.

"Where is everyone?" Juno asked. We were the only ones there.

"Coming." Daddy said as everyone started to trickle in slowly. We had to practice for the Christmas program the youth was doing.

We got our costumes and everything after many hugs and greetings.

"Sister Marcia." I heard Sister Toriache say loudly. Siste Toriache had to be the funniest lady in the world. She was so loud and goofy.

She hugged Juno and I as we helped our step sister, Sarayi. We hugged her children, Kelan, Kenan, Kyrun, and Michaelynn.

"Did you see the way Kenan looked at Artemis?" Sister Avery smirked. Everyone looked at me and Kenan as we stopped hugging each other.

"What are you talking about?" I blushed as my phone vibrated. I saw the look she was talking about I just decided to dismiss it.

Prince texted me.

"When you said hi Kenan, he let go of Juno so fast and almost ran to you." Sister Avery said. Everyone teased me and Kenan. I have to admit, Kenan was really cute, taller than me by a few inches, and my age, but I have my Prince.

[Good morning:) I hope your practice thing goes well 1.4.3 -Prince]

[Good morning:) thank you everyone thinks I like this boy that goes to this church and in the program -_- -Princess]

[Do you like him? -Prince]

[No! I have my Prince -Princess]

Everyone moved around getting their costumes on. I slipped on my bedsheet of a dress and put my halo. I checked my phone when I was done.

[Is he "cute"? -Prince]

[Are you "jealous"? -Princess]

[Don't change the subject -Prince]

[Yes he is cute but he is nothing compared to my Prince ^-^ -Princess]

[How old is he? -Prince]

"Artemis! Get off your phone and pay attention." Marcia, my step mom, snapped at me nicely.

I nodded.

[My age. Gotta go! Practice time! 1.4.3 -Princess]

I put my phone in my jean pocket and we started. All through practice Kenan gave me little looks. Looks like I'm going to have to let him down.