22. Sometimes Love Is A Long Time Coming

Okay, it's the last chapter and the longest chapter I've ever written.
Words - 3k
-------------------------------------

"Harry, please wait" Ginny grabbed Harry's arm to stop him from getting into his car.

Harry drew his hand from her grip harshly and glared at her.

"Please..." Ginny muttered, pleading with her eyes.

"Was what Hermione said true?" Harry leaned on his car and crossed his hands. He wanted Ginny to say no, he couldn't take it anymore.

"Harry...let me tell you-"

"It's a yes or no question, Ginny!" Harry shouted making Ginny flinch and take a step backwards.

"Partly" Ginny cursed herself for the way she said it.

Harry shook his head in disappointment.
"Of course" he muttered and turned around to open his car door but Ginny once again grabbed his hand.

"Harry, don't do this, please. Let me explain, let us talk. Haven't we both been through enough?" she cried, gripping his hands so tight that she was afraid he's gonna run away.

It took a minute for them to move until Harry agreed. "Okay"

Ginny takes Harry to the football field and makes him sit near the bleachers. She knelt in front of him, still holding his hands.

"Harry...I love you...so much, you have no idea. I love you more than as friends. And I know I hurt you but I'm just as hurt since that day. I've been miserable without you. I understand that you're mad at me but I'll wait... I'll wait for an eternity if that's what it takes for you to forgive me- and love me again. We can work this out, Harry, if you want to. So, please don't push me away this time. I'll do anything...anything, I just want you back. Be mine, Harry" Ginny's eyes filled with tears but this time they are happy tears and her eyes are shining. She raised a bit and grabbed Harry's chin to make him look at her. She closed her eyes and shifted forward to press her lips to his when Harry jerked and pushed her to the ground.

Ginny fell landing on her bum and stared up at him in shock. Harry regretted what he did the minute Ginny's eyes looked up at him. Despite apologizing, he snorted.
"You don't love me, Ginny" He shook his head and began to walk away.

"Stop!" Ginny shouted, running after him. She stood in front of him, blocking him from taking one more step.
"I don't?" she asked, her voice shaky.

"You don't. You're in love with the idea of loving me. We've been friends for ages, we're used to each other. You miss me. You don't love me. You feel guilty for rejecting me, I appreciate that, thanks. Now that Theo's proven a jerk, you came to me. If you really loved me, there wouldn't be a Theo or you wouldn't have chosen him over me. You-"

"I apologized for what I did, didn't I!? How many times are you going to bring that up, Harry? I know I made a mistake, I'm sorry. For fucks sake, I'm here and I never loved him...it's- it's always been you." Ginny was full-on shaking Harry's shoulder and crying. It hurt her when he said she came to him because Theo was out of the picture. That's what Harry thinks of her?

Harry caught Ginny's hands and intertwined them with his. He bent his head a little to look Ginny in the eye.
"It's always been me, huh?" he snorted again. "I chose you over Elle, I chose you over Hermione, I chose you over everything and you chose him for a mistake I didn't make. That was enough to ruin it, Ginny. You have no idea how much I love and cherish you ever since we became friends. Too late, you're not the ginny I fell in love with anyway."

Ginny break free her hands from Harry and grabbed his face, wiping away his tears. "Bring that ginny back, please. Only you can do that, Harry"

Harry pursed his lips "You hurt me too much, Ginny."