Chapter 13

"Harry... Harry... Wake up" Ginny lightly caressed his cheeks, smiling fondly at harry's sleeping form.

Harry groaned, slightly shifting in his sleep. "I don't want to...go away"

Ginny chuckled "I'm not going anywhere until you wake up, idiot"

"Stay then...you can sleep on the floor if you want" he mumbled, burying himself into the pillows.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "I'm counting three, Harry" she warned.

"Ok, I'm up! Bloody hell, what are you doing here, it's 12, Ginny!"

"I know that. I told you to stay awake though" ginny pouted, sitting next to harry.

"Oh, shit! Yeah--I totally forgot--"

"Happy birthday" ginny smiled. "Even though it's not fair that you are 17 and I'm still 16"

Harry snickered "you do know that you will turn 17 in like 10 days, right?"

"Still"
"Anyway, I've been preparing this for a long time now. I wanted to give this to you on your 18th birthday but then again I couldn't wait for you to see it" ginny smiled nervously.

"What is this, ginny? Are you trying to confess your undying love for me? Just so that we are clear, I have a girlfriend" harry smirked.

Ginny smacked him on the arm playfully "you wish, Potter! Anyway, here" she handed him a book.

"A book, gin!? C'mon, you can do better than that, you know I don't read books unless it's a comic so--"

"Would you quit whining and open it?" Ginny glared at him.

"ok ok," harry held his hands in the air as in surrender. "Wow, ginny this--this is amazing!"

_____________________________________

Harry was flipping through the book, the one that ginny gifted for his birthday last year. It was the best gift he ever got because that book is a collection of their memories from their childhood. They made an oath to never lose it and neither their friendship.

His smile fell when he came across a picture.

The picture was from our grade school when some of the bullies from our class teased me that no girl would ever kiss me because I wear glasses. It's surprising how no kid of my age wore glasses except me, so, I believed them and didn't stand up for myself. I guess ginny saw them making fun of me and she didn't think twice before kissing me. It was just a peck but I still remember how warm I felt. After that, the kids never bullied me again though they did use to sing the kissing song rhyme when ginny wasn't around. Ron was in the picture too, with his eyes closed and making a gagging face.
Haha. Molly would have taken this picture considering that day was the parents-meet.
I couldn't believe how I forgot this memory. Ginny was my first kiss and I was hers.

Harry shook his head and hurled the book to other side of the room. It's been a week since the fight and harry was miserable, it's obvious. Also, he's trying to get over her. He might have succeeded cause he didn't think of her for straight three hours when he was out with Sirius. He's doing good, harry thought to himself which may or may not be true. He was fine without her until he found this book.

He was startled when he heard his phone notification sound.

Hermione 💕🤓 : Happy birthday, harry!🥳❤️❤️  I wanted to call you but I'm pretty sure you would have slept by now. Anyway, see ya tomorrow :)x