Chapter 15

Freshmen year

"Excuse me?" Ron turned around to see a stunning brown curly-haired girl in a casual cardigan and fitted jeans.

He might have been admiring her for a little too long until she waved her hand in front of him. "Hello?"

Ron snapped out of his daze and cleared his throat "Yes?"

She smiled nervously "I'm Hermione Granger. I am new here, would you mind giving me a tour or maybe some directions to the library?"

Ron smiled brightly. "Hey! I'm Ron," he said extending his hand. "I could give you a tour, of course. Why do you want to go to the library on the first day?"

She shook his hand. "Thank you. I feel comfortable in the library--I like to read--and fewer people and all. I don't have friends so--"

"oh, don't you worry, I'll show you around and introduce you to my friends"

Hermione smiled, "So, no library then"

"No library" Ron shook his head determinedly. "Where should we start first?" Ron mutters to himself.

"library?" Hermione questioned with a wicked smile.

"No!" Ron exclaimed and Hermione laughed out loud.

______________________

Sophomore year,

"Ron!" Vanessa shouted, she's the girl from his history class. She's really sweet and helpful. She saved him many times from Mrs Harley when he nodded off in the class.

"Hey, hi. You need something?" He asked.

"Yes actually, I've been wanting to ask you if you could go to the ball with me--as a date" she finished. Ron could see how nervous she is. He didn't want to say no but--

"Oh. I'm sorry, Vanessa. I can't. " Ron saw as her smile faded.

"but why? Are you going with someone?"

"I have someone in my mind that I want to ask. I like her. I'm sorry" Ron shouldn't have added 'like her' but it just came out.

"Oh, it's fine. Good luck" She smiled sweetly and walked away.

Ron felt a little bad but he was persistent in asking Hermione to the ball. It would be his only chance.

He finally found Hermione conversing with Ginny and by the look on their faces, he could tell it was about something important. He didn't want to interrupt so he stood there cherishing Hermione's features with a small smile on his face until it turned into a frown as Hermione looked like she was about to cry. Then he began to pay attention to their conversation.

"No, ginny. He doesn't like me. It's so obvious."

"Firstly, take that look off your face like you're gonna cry. Secondly, you don't know that. He might like you or he could start liking you when you tell him" Ginny shrugged.

"So, you really think I should tell him?"

"yes! For the millionth time 'Mione, yes."

" 'I like you, Harry' How does that sound?" Smiled hermione.

" 'I like you too, 'Mione. That's what he'd say thinking as friends. You should be more clear" Explained ginny.

Hermione groaned. "I don't know what to do. What if he likes cho? Or romilda? They're popular and so is Harry. You're his best friend, Ginny, say something"