Chapter 19

"Seriously, Sirius?" 14-year-old Ginny glared at him though she looked like she's been caught in a huge crime.

"Did you just say my name twice?" Sirius joked reducing the tension, rubbing the back of his neck and smiled nervously.

"Why did you sneak into my room? How many times have I told you not to rummage through my stuff?" Ginny has her hands on her hips, looking tough and furious as she stepped inside her room.

"Twenty-one times, I guess, including this one. In my defence, Harry, your best friend, sent me here to fetch the Mortal Kombat game. I was helpless" he made puppy eyes and pouted.

"Oh, I know how dramatic you can get. I don't care. Just give me back those--" She pointed to the bunch of different coloured papers in Sirius's hand.

Sirius instantly smirked "By those, you mean, Valentine cards, huh? Love greetings to no one but my godson" his smirk only grew wider as Ginny blushed furiously.

"yes! You got your answer. Now, give me those! " Ginny leapt for them but Sirius was quick as he rolled off the bed and stood on the other side.
"not so fast, ginny. How about we sit first, then you bring me something to eat and we have a brief discussion on the present circumstance" Sirius is sure as hell enjoying the situation.

"Fine!" Ginny grunted.

A little later, Sirius has popcorn in one hand with coke in the other and Pringles when he got bored of the popcorn, and more different snacks spread around him.

"Sirius! I'm not waiting until you complete all this. We're talking now or I'm gonna take all these from you" Ginny warned and Sirius scowled.
'Ugh! He's a fucking 2-year-old kid' Ginny muttered to herself.

"Okay, Ginny. So, explain these love greetings you wrote for Harry, your best friend, who still thinks you're his friend but you fooled him! You love him!" Sirius got the face of an actor. He can be anyone anytime.

"If you don't stop exaggerating this, I'm gonna shove all the snacks in your mouth at once. Now listen to me, yes, I love Harry, I've been for a long time now. First, it was a crush- with him being protective, loving, caring and everything towards me all the time. But, it couldn't stay a crush when it has been four years already. I love Harry, Sirius. This is no joke"

Sirius looked flabbergasted. His mouth opens and closes like a fish but no word came out of it. He snapped out of it when Ginny threw an energy bar towards him.
"You..you..then why didn't you tell him? Why keep all these cards with yourself?"

Ginny gave him a half-heartened smile, "I tried. The first Valentine's card I wrote for him was when I was 10. I gave it to him--"

"And?"

"I didn't exactly give it to him. I posted it and it got lost in the numerous cards Harry received."

"That's the stupidest thing you ever did. Harry was your friend since you guys were in nappies, You are special to him, but still, you chose to post the card like all other girls."

Ginny covered the newly forming blush "I'm not special to him" she murmured.

Sirius rolled his eyes. "You are dumb, that's what you are"

Ginny hit him with a pillow and Sirius winced.
"So, you just kept writing the cards every year to keep them in your possession and cry every time you look at them and be a one-side lover forever. That's the plan?" he asked, chugging down the Coke along with all the chips like a hungry monster.