Chapter 52

There was maze where the quidditch field usually was, it was so high and deep that even from the bleachers they couldn't see through it. The boys had disappeared, leaving Madeline and Daphne staring at the bleachers.

"So, what are they doing for this task?" Madeline asked, 

"Apparently they have to go into the maze and fight some monsters." Daphne explained, 

"So, we just get to stand here again? These are so boring!" Madeline signed, resting her forehead on Daphne's shoulder. 

"I know they are; we should ditch." Daphen joked, Madeline nodded, as the boys walked up to the stands.

"Now, where are you three? You three disappeared when we got up here." Madeline asked, 

"Seeing the look on Potter's face, absolutely terrified. He looks ready to wet his trousers." Draco smirked,

"I went to go see Fleur's friends, very hot." Blaise said, Daphne looked at Theo, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Did you go to see how hot his friends were?"

"Absolutely not, I have the hottest girlfriend in the world." Theo said, Daphne smirked.

"Good." She said, as they noticed Elijah walking up to them with a bunch of Hufflepuffs. He waved at Madeline, before turning back to his friends.

"Asshole," Theo muttered under his breath.

"He's a third year," Madeline laughed,

"I don't care." She said, before they noticed Ludo Bagman putting his wand against his throat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament isabout to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in firstplace, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter,both of Hogwarts School!" The noise sent the birds flying from the forbidden forest.

 "In second place, with eighty points - Mr.Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. 

"And in third place - MissFleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy! So ... on my whistle, Harry and Cedric! Three - two - one -" Lugo blew into his whistle, and Potter and Cedirc ran into the maze. Ludo Bagman waited a couple seconds before he blew the whistle again, and Krum walked into the maze, the last whistle was blown, and Fleur entered after. And the third task had officially begun.

---

The task was taking longer than Madeline had thought it would be. They were sitting waiting for Diggory and Potter to return. Krum and Fleur had returned, both had shot red sparks in the air and had needed help to escape the monsters in the maze.

"This is taking too long," Draco signed, Madeline shrugged.

"How big could that maze be?" Thoe asked,

"Who knows," Daphne muttered, but there was a loud bang, and Harry and Cedric were suddenly face first on the ground. 

"Finally," Blaise said, as the judges ran to them. Dumbledore tried to pull Harry up, but Cedric still wasn't moving.

"Does anyone else think Diggory isn't moving?" Theo asked, 

"Maybe he's injured." Daphne suggested, but she didn't sound very confident. Dumbledore shook Harry, who had let go of the cup, but clutched on Diggory. 

"What's going on?" Madeline asked, she grabbed Draco's hand out of fear.

"He's dead! Diggory's dead!"