Chapter 44

The Yule Ball was in two days' time, and Madeline was still waiting impatiently waiting for a date. She didn't want to admit that she was secretly still waiting for Draco to ask her. She had denied so many people now, she wondered if she was going to have a date at all at this point.

"Madeline!" Someone shouted as she walked down the stairs from the owlery. Her eyes, that had been glued to her feet to make sure she didn't slip on the ice, looked up seeing Harry. He smiled at her nervously.

"Hi, Harry." She signed, Madeline tried to be...decent with Harry, even though it wasn't his fault that these articles had been written about her. 

"Hey, so are you excited about the Yule Ball?" He asked, she shrugged.

"Yeah, I mean I've been to numerous balls, but never with classmates so it should be interesting. How about you?" Madeline explained, Harry nodded.

"To be honest, I'm quite nervous. I still don't have a date, and the champions have to do an opening dance." Madeline nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. Harry cleared his throat, pushing his glasses higher up his nose.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to-"

"Madeline!" A familiar voice shouted, Madeline tilted her head to the side, trying to see who was calling her over Harry's shoulder. Draco was walking towards them, his eyes darting between the two. 

"Hi, Draco." Madeline could see Harry's eyebrows raise, as Draco reached them.

"What are you doing here with Potter?" He asked,

"Oh, nothing." She said, quickly. 

"What do you want Malfoy? I just want to ask her something." Potter asked, Malfoy glanced at him, his eyes growing tense at Potter's words.

"I need to speak to you, Madeline." Draco said,

"Speak to me?" Madeline said, Draco nodded, Potter cleared his throat.

"Um, we're in the middle of something Madeline." 

"My thing's more important Potter," Draco said, glaring daggers at Potter.

"I can assure you, it's not." Potter spat, before they both turned to look at Madeline. She cleared her throat, before looking at her wristwatch.

"Well, I do really need to get going to the common room anyway. So, we can finish this later Harry?" She asked, Harry's jaw clenched, before nodding.

"I'll just see you tonight." He said, Draco smirked, as Madeline nodded before starting to walk back to the castle, with Draco right on her heels.

"So, I do need to speak to you." 

"About what?" Madeline asked, as she touched her ear, she was red, and freezing.

"Did you forget your hat?" Draco asked her, 

"Yeah," 

"Didn't I tell you that you would need your hat before you left?" Draco asked her, Madeline pursed her lips, because it was true, he did tell her to put a hat on, but she was too lazy to grab it.

"Yeah, you did." She laughed, Draco shook his head, stopping them in there tracks. He took off his hat, before putting it on Madeline's head.

"I don't need-"

"Yes, you do," He signed, running a hand over his hair, and down his neck. 

"So, what were you saying earlier?" Madeline asked, as they started walking to the castle again. 

"Oh yeah, I was wondering about the Yule." Madeline nervously glanced at him from the corner of her eye.

"Do you happen to have a date yet?" He asked, she shook her head.

"No," Draco's lip twitched up into a smirk.

"Would you consider going with me?"

"As friends?" She asked, looking up at him. Draco's smirk dropped; he cleared his throat.

"I mean, if you want to go as friends that's fine, but I was thinking that it could be more of a date." Draco answered, Madeline put a hand on his arm, nodding her head.

"I'd like it to be a date." Draco grinned nodding, as the two walked back to the common room, in silent excitement and happiness.

Royalty at Hogwarts- Draco Malfoyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें