Chapter 43

Madeline looked at the magazine in her hand, not knowing whether to laugh or go murder Rita Skeeter. Maybe both. 

"Listen to this!" Madeline almost shouted, as she slammed the magazine down on the table. Blaise and Theo leaned in their seats, trying to see the article.

"What?" Daphne asked, leaning over Madeline's shoulder.

"Princess Madeline Ayer of England juggles more than one boy at a time apparently. Even though she has shared multiple kisses with our youngest champion, Mr. Malfoy has caught her clearly caught her interest. The two were spotted at Hogsmeade earlier this week looking very cozy. Does our poor Champion need any more heart ache then this?"

"Can you believe this?" She shouted, when she finished reading it aloud, she slammed it on the table, shaking her head.

"It's just a gossip magazine no one with a brain actually reads that." Daphne said, as Pansy walked by holding one. She shot Madeline a murderous look.

"Plus, everyone knows Rita Skeeter isn't the most reliable person." Blaise said,

"Even if they don't read it. What about this picture?" Madeline asked them, pointing to the picture of her and Draco. He picked her up, and spun her around, they both had broad smiles on their faces, giggling and grinning like idiots. 

"I can't lie, the picture is very cute." Theo said, Madeline's lip almost twitched up into a smile.

"What's very cute?" Draco asked, making them all jump. They hadn't noticed Draco walking up to the table.

"Me." Theo said,

"Okay?" Draco said, looking at him confused, as Madeline shoved the magazine in her bag.

"So, you admit I'm attractive." Theo said, Draco rolled his eyes, as the mail arrived. A letter landed on Draco's plate. Draco signed, before taking the butter knife, and opening the seal, the parchment slid out. Madeline noticed as Draco's body tensed, his mouth curving into a frown, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Are you alright?" She whispered to him,

"Just my father being himself." Draco signed, but Madeline could tell the letter bothered him as he folded the letter in half.

---

"So, Madeline, has anyone asked you to the dance?" Daphne asked as they walked around the grounds.

"Yeah," Madeline said, as she pulled her cloak closer to her body.

"Who?"

"Well, I didn't even know their names, they just came up to me and asked." Madeline shrugged; she felt her face getting colder.

"Cause you're a princess, who wouldn't want to ask her?" Daphne said, Madeline nodded.

"I guess." 

"Madeline, what if Draco asked you?" Madeline was thankful that it was so cold, her cheeks were already red, or Daphne would have been giggling even louder.

"I don't know,"

"So, if he asks you, would you say no?" 

"No, I would like to think I would say yes, but he hasn't asked." Madeline said, looking at her feet. Daphne grinned, so broadly that her cheeks were going to start hurting.

"We'll see about that." Daphne whispered,

"Did you say something?" Madeline asked, turning her attention back on Daphne.

"Just that we should be getting inside soon, it's cold." Madeline nodded, as they turned around and started heading towards the castle.

---

Dear Draco,

I've very disappointed in you. I have gotten numerous letters now from family members, and it has done little to help my anger. If I see you with that Mudblood one more time you know how angry I can get, your punishment is already waiting for you once you get home. Don't add to it, Draco. This is my one and only warning.

Your father,

Lucious Malfoy.

Draco lifted his wand, setting the paper on fire. He threw it in the trash can, watching the smoke dance around his room, as the door swung open.

"Draco! I need to tell you something!" Daphne said, almost jumping up and down with excitement.

"What is it?" Draco asked, leaning against his bed.

"It's Madeline!"

"What about her?"

"She said that if you asked her to the ball she would say yes!" Draco stood up straight.

"What?" He said, Daphne nodded.

"Yup, she said if you ask her, she'll say yes! So, go! Hurry up! People are already asking her out! If you don't hurry up, she'll have a date!" Daphne warned.

"Are you sure?" Draco asked again, Daphne almost smacked him across the face.

"Yes!"

"Okay, I'll make sure to ask her soon." Draco said, not even hiding her smirk.

"Are you sure. I did so much work for you and Madeline." She said, he nodded.

"I'll ask her!"

"Good,"